• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to completely disable cloud sync of Lightroom mobile?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to completely disable cloud sync of Lightroom mobile?

I dont want to allow uploading of any of my photos from my mobile device on Adobe cloud inside Adobe Lightroom, even if I have paid for the subscription.

I know there is a feature to temporarily pause syncing. But I want to comletely disable sync of photos to Adobe cloud.

Please help.

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pause. yes, but disable no. The raison d'etre of LR Mobile is syncing to the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know of a single switch for what you want to do.   You should be able accomplish what you want by turning off "Use Cellular Data", pausing the sync while avoiding turning it back on and ensuring your phone does not connect to WiFi for data.   You might also try signing out of your account on your phone.    

It is hard to say what will happen long term when you disable so much of the app.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked that disabling network access of Lightroom makes it incapable of compressing files and undertaking similar functions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you want to do that? Lightroom mobile depends on the cloud for things like searching by keyword, and if you do not sync, then your images are not stored safely in the cloud, but only on your device. That could make you lose all your images. And if you use iCloud backup for added safety, then they are in the cloud anyway, just on a different server.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is because I am processing a few hundreds of photos (of the timelaps) and LR is immediately uploading everything to cloud.

Just after applying my basic corrections, I need to export ALL those photos to DaVincvi.

But this takes ages, as my photos are already synced to cloud!

So LR is actually re-downloading everything which I already had in my iPad just moments ago.

I can prevent this by NOT connecting my iPad to network. Yes, that works, but that solution is stupid.

LR should allow us do decide whether to upload our photos to any cloud or not...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It already does. You can pause sync on the iPad. Tap on the cloud icon in the upper right corner.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but magically it unpauses from time to time. Then, it leaves you with SmartPreviews and original files are in cloud only. It is very unpleasant how Adobe pushes its cloud on paying customers. It looks like disconnecting from WiFi is the only choice I can do now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe he doesn't want Adobe digging on his own personal stuff? Is there a good reason to do upload your personal photos?

I personally don't want it either, I'm happy on having them on my local home based shared filesystem and that's enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe he doesn't want Adobe digging on his own personal stuff? Is there a good reason to do upload your personal photos?

I personally don't want it either, I'm happy on having them on my local home based shared filesystem and that's enough.

By @Stevabn363698215vy5

Yes, there are good reasons for the upload. One reason is that Sensei, the AI that does auto-tagging which makes it possible to search for photos using keywords that you do not have to enter yourself, is running in the cloud. Other AI functions also use Sensei. But let's be clear: nobody forces you to use any Adobe product on your iPad or on your computer. It's your choice. If you choose to use these apps, then you choose to accept how these apps work, which is by uploading your images to the cloud.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason big tech companies are interested in your images is because they use them to train and improve their AI systems, which they might use for whatever application they want.

This is why Google offer "free" Google photos, Adobe automatically will push your images to their servers, and so does Microsoft, Apple, and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines