• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to export RAWs from Lightroom CC after my subscription has ended?

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Title says it all, some of my photos only exist in the lightroom cloud and I would like to retrieve the raw files without having to renew my subcription. Is this possible? or is Adobe going to force me to buy another month to get my photos back?

Thanks,

Eddie. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the subscription has already expired, then the Lightroom Desktop will not start, so you would be unable to export your images. However, the Adobe Lightroom Downloader utility is designed with this situation in mind, i.e. it's a stand-alone app which can be used up to 12 months after the subscription ends, and is intended to download all existing assets into a capture date-based folder structure. It's not perfect, but at least it should give you the original images and edits back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jim Wilde  Can you clarify the "12 months"

Is it possible the 2GB and 90-day limit would affect the Lr Photo library, or is Adobe referring to other "files"?

Rob_Cullen_0-1631229242625.png

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/download-lightroom-photos.html

After cancellation, your allowed cloud storage is reduced to 2 GB. If you are over your storage limit, you have 90 days to reduce your online usage. After 90 days, you could lose access to some or all of your files saved on the Creative Cloud servers. To learn about your storage, see How do I know how much storage I've used?

If you saved your work on your computer, you can continue to access those files on your device.

After cancellation, your allowed cloud storage is reduced to 2 GB. If you are over your storage limit, you have 90 days to reduce your online usage. After 90 days, you could lose access to some or all of your files saved on the Creative Cloud servers. To learn about your storage, see How do I know how much storage I've used?

If you saved your work on your computer, you can continue to access those files on your device.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rob, that extract that you've posted from the first link refers to the Creative Cloud storage (i.e. what might be in the Creative Cloud Files folder, the Dropbox-type folder on the system drive), it's not referring to the Lightroom original images stored in the cloud. For that, expand the next section from that post and you'll see this:

Notification_Center.png

The part in the blue box is what I was referring to, though I think that Adobe have made a mistake where is says "you can continue to launch Lightroom to download your original files". I think that meant to say "you can continue to launch the Lightroom Downloader....." as they clearly state in the top sentence of that section that after cancelling the subscription "you can no longer access your Creative Cloud applications".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines