• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is "Virtual Copy" feature available in Lightroom CC 6.3.1?

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to LR and learning LR CC on my desktop. I am not able to find the way to make a virtual copy, even after right-clicking on the image in the Develop step. Is this feature only available when editing RAW files?

My work-around has been to make duplicates. But that's not ideal.

Any help would be appreciated?  

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Lightroom Desktop does not offer a Virtual Copy function - that is limited to Lightroom Classic at this time. A duplicate (as you have found) is the only option. 

The Versions panel is another option. You won't be able to see the thumbnails side by side but it does allow you to create many versions of edits for a single original. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Desktop does not offer a Virtual Copy function - that is limited to Lightroom Classic at this time. A duplicate (as you have found) is the only option. 

The Versions panel is another option. You won't be able to see the thumbnails side by side but it does allow you to create many versions of edits for a single original. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Rikk. Greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm a bit baffled by this answer if I'm honest.

I found a post from 2018 asking the same question; so clearly, you cannot answer it's "not at this time".

I also found posts, of what are clearly bugs/issues on iPad, with threads dating back to 2018.

So it's really not "not at this time", but rather "we really don't care, about upgrading any features or solving any bugs".

MacBook Pro 16’’ M1 Pro 16GB on OSX Ventura 13.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines