• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to stop specific images from syncing to my phone from LR desktop? (but not all?)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using my iphone 12 Pro to photograph a project.  I often go between LR desktop and LR mobile to edit them.  

But I'm about to add some old images from this project that were taken with a Nikon D3s and I want them to be on LR desktop so I can sequence them together wiht the iphone images as one project.  

But I really don't want these DSLR images to be synced to my phone.  

Is there a way to create an album of images and tell LR not to sync those sspecific images to my phone, but keep syncing the rest?  Or highlight a group of images in LR desktop and tell it not to sync those to my phone?  

I woud stil like them to be backed up in the cloud though if possible.  

Thanks for any advice!

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid that can't be done. There's no selective sync option in the Lightroom ecosystem, so any images added from whatever source are automatically uploaded to the cloud, and from there they will be seen (though not necessarily fully downloaded) in Lightroom on all other connected devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like this would be a common thing to want to do.  People shooting with both a phone and a DSLR would often not want the DSLR images syncing on their phone, especialliy if they are professionals and shoot tons of images on their DSLR.  

So I guess the only way is to move the images over from cloud LR to LRC and combine them there to create the combined project with my mobile images and DSLR images?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know if that's a common thing that you want to do, but I don't really understand the concern. All that would initially be downloaded to the iPhone would be a very small preview file, so the amount of space taken up would be negligible.

Speaking personally I value the ability to see all my images on whatever device I have with me, and I know many others feel the same way (don't forget that one of the selling points of the Lightroom ecosystem is "All your photos with you wherever you are").

But if you really don't want to see certain photos on your phone you would have to add them only to LrClassic and do the combining there.....just make sure you don't combine them in a synced collection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines