• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues exporting photos ?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to export all my photos & videos to external hard drive & constantly getting this message with some important file names "could not be exported at the size you required because we couldn't access full size original" ? What is that ? Why is that ? How come ?!?!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It means that it wasn't able to download the full size original from the cloud. TYpically this means those images are only available as a smart preview online. Perhaps these images were originally uploaded from Lightroom Classic? Annoyingly Lightroom Classic will only upload smart previews when you sync from it to the cloud. It can also mean that your internet connection is unstable causing the download of the originals to time out or that the originals for those files were simply never uploaded to the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer, Jao ! But I was all the time used the same workflow with the same Lexar card reader from the same Canon card & was never any pop up or other messages about the files not downloaded properly during more than 2 years of constant using Lightroom 4.4. This problem show up only then i decide to back up all my photos & videos to personal Hard Drive from the Lightroom cloud storage. Is in it super strange ?!? ( Internet connection is also superfast & stable . Also the files info shows them as quite a large ones & it's mostly video files, but not only ) Still.. I have to find the ways how to download them as they are important for me & they playbacking at full resolution on Lightroom .. Feels like it is a Huge Bug of Lightroom so far ... tried patiently so many times .. one at the time - all the time the same message : "could not be exported at the size you required because we couldn't access full size original". At this moment I would be happy to download them at any size - JUST  HOW ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get an error when you try the same thing from the browser interface at https://lightroom.adobe.com ? How much free space do you have on your startup disk in your computer? What are the settings you are using in your export from Lightroom? 
this could indeed be a bug but could also be something mundane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I havn't tried through the browser yet, as most of the files ( about 98 % ) successfully  copies to hard drive via lighroom > export > original+ settings , but I might try also through the browser too, as I still need that 2% of my works..(The strange thing about capacities -it is also mysterious for me - how come was almost empty external hard drive ( it was 1,7 TB of empty space in it, while in the cloud my files uses only 420 GB of space ) was constantly rejected by the lightroom   as it " Not enough space " so i had to make for it all 2 TB empty - why it so ?? ) Also as i tried to migrate my works from the  cloud to HDD as fast as possible  and hit all these problems- is no any online direct help from Adobe guys .. Strange .. very very strange ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should know that when you export images in Lightroom cloud, all your images are first downloaded from the cloud to the internal hard disk before they are exported to your external hard disk. So if your internal (i.e. the disk you boot your operating system from) hard disk has not a lot of space, your export might also fail even though you might have more than enough space on an external disk. 

If you want to download every single image and video from the cloud, there is an app from adobe that allows you to do that in one fell swoop without having to go through Lightroom: https://lightroom.adobe.com/lightroom-downloader 

Might be worth trying. It allows you to select a destination to download through and you don't have to go through the (hidden) step of downloading to your internal disk first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Huge Thanks to You,  Joa - I'll try all the ways, you advice me  ! From my p.o.w. it is very very strange how much time & energy you have to use to download  420 Gb from lightroom cloud to the personal external SSD - so many things you have to know to make such an ordinary file migration .. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines