• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keeping Smart previews synced

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep all my 50k+ photos on my Windows desktop and just loaded all the smart previews [but not the photos themselves] onto my Mac laptop. [transferred via flash drive--not the cloud]. From now on, how do I find the smart preview for new photos i add to my desktop catalog and then add them to the smart previews already on my mac?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For Lightroom-Classic: you cannot transfer Smart Previews anywhere by manual methods (flash drive, etc). -Well, you can in the OS, but they will no longer be associated with a Catalog or the Original Image files!

Transferring SPs (only) from a Mac to a PC is a totally useless exercise. There is no 'Sync' process of any kind.

Please explain exactly what you are trying to achieve.

Also list your LrC Version Number and info about your computers.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines