• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lens correction no longer works for Camera Roll imports (LR 7.2.1 on iOS 15.4)

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 7.2.1, iPadOS 15.4, on 5th gen. iPad mini.

Lightroom 7.2.1, iOS 15.4, on (yes, ancient) iPhone 6s.

Both devices have the same issue. All photos are taken on the iPhone, none on the iPad. The Enable Lens Corrections toggle no longer works for photos imported from the iOS Camera Roll. From past experience, I expect to see a slight bulging-out to fix the iPhone camera's pincushion distortion. I started noticing this today, so it's unclear to me if this is a problem with LR 7.2.1 or the recent iOS 15.4 update. The problem occurs on all photos taken with Apple's built-in camera app, regardless of the iOS version associated with the original image. Photos taken with the LR app can still be corrected, again regardless of the LR or iOS version associated with the original image. Lens corrections applied to Camera Roll imports before the udpates (that is, both import and correction were performed prior to LR 7.2.1 / iOS 15.4) remain corrected. I don't have any uncorrected old imports, but un-toggling that switch for previously-corrected photos doesn't return them to their original pincushioned state.

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @eatpizza 

I have the same device and can confirm what you shared above.  However, falling back to older releases which I have employee access to, I don't see any differences in behavior--JPGs captured with the native camera behave the same with Enable Lens Corrections as they do with the current shipping build.

I'll ask the team why Lens Correction works for LR DNG camera captures from this device, but not JPG captures.

In the mean time, if lens correction is important for your captures, please use the Lightroom camera's DNG capture mode.

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lens profiles are usually for raw only, not for jpeg. That applies to all versions of Lightroom, so also iOS versions.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, it used to work for me before. Anyway, an interesting discovery: last night I took some photos with the NightCap Camera app (astrophotography on the phone), which saves to the Camera Roll as TIFF files. When I opened these TIFFs in Lightroom, lens correction worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines