• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Light room on a mac

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have light room on my I pad but need to use it on my mac, how do i view it on my mac?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have signed up to the Mobile Plan then this doesn't include the use of Lightroom Desktop on the Mac.

You would need to sign up to the Lightroom Plan (via Adobe or the Mac App

Store) that includes Lightroom Desktop and all Mobile devices and cancel the Mobile Plan.

Although normally double the price, it provides better value for money and approximately 10 times the amount of cloud storage (1TB).

Another option with your current plan it to use http://lightroom.adobe.com/ for editing through a browser, but it doesn't have all

the features of Lightroom Desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheldon
Thanks for the reply, how do I find out which plan I am on?
I down loaded this on to my I pad is that a mobile device?
New to all these digital set ups and just wanted to try something simple before I move on the anything else, I run an I mac and I pad and I phone and need to work across all three
Going by your comment I’d be better subscribing to the I mac plan and this will cover all my devices
Thanks for your time

Kind Regards,

Colin Challinger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I down loaded this on to my I pad is that a mobile device?

Yes.

Desktop devices run either macOS (for example Monterey) or Windows operating systems. They are known as desktop operating systems. They are far more powerful than mobile operating systems and are backed up by robust hardware. So the software is accordingly more powerful.

Mobile devices run mobile operating systems including iOS (iPhones), iPadOS (iPads) and Android (non-Apple devices).

Have a look at one of the Photography Plans offered by Adobe. These include Lightroom Mobile for your iPad.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/compare-plans.html

Be aware that there are two versions of Lightroom for the desktop:

• Lightroom (installed locally, photos are stored in the Cloud, no local catalog) and
  • Lightroom Classic (installed locally, photos are catalog-based and stored on your local hard drive).

They are very different.

Have a read through this article to understand the differences:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-cc-vs-classic-features/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines