• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightoom mobile exporting with current day date instead of date when photo was taken?

Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Lightoom on my iPhone has started to export the photos based on the day I edit and save them to my camera roll as opposed to the actual date the photo was takem. How do I change this setting? This issue didn't have until the last two weeks.

Thanks,

Harsihta 

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot replicate this using a four year old photo, the photo appears in my Camera Rill as the most recent, but checking the EXIF data it shows as 2018.

Which version of Lightroom Mobile are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on version 7.3.0

Let me better explain 🙂 Image 1 was taken on 9 October, 2021 and I edited it a few days later. When i expported it back to my camera roll on my phone, it continued to show the same date as seen in image 2. However, today when I imported the same picture into Lightroom and exported it back to the camera roll, it saved it with today's date instead of the original date as seen in Image 3. This started happening a few weeks ago. Any idea how to fix it? Basically, if I edit a pictuires a few days later after I took it, I'd like it to show the date it was taken/created when I edit and export it back to my camera roll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you editing the photos? It sounds like if where you are making the edits is changing the metadata to the date you edit. You said you export from LR, edit and import back in. Why are you not editing in LR? If I send an image back to my camera roll, it's already edited in LR and I don't reimport it, the original still lives in LR. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist><br />Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my process flow: Import from camera to iPhone camera roll > import from camera roll into Lr > edit in Lr > Export back to camera roll and delete unedited photos from camera roll. I checked and do have the metadata option turned on so unsure what changed between two weeks ago and now besides any app updates 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your export settings in Lightroom Mobile. It sounds as though the export option to "Include Metadata" has been unchecked, in which case none of the original EXIF data (which include capture date/time) would be included.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

I do see the metadata option turned on so not sure what's casing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim - Curious to see if you have any other thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same situation. Have you found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines