• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 4.0 flattening previously edited files when re-editing in Photoshop?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Something changed recently. I used to be able to add adjustments in Lightroom then right click and select "edit in Photoshop". After adding layers and additional edits, close with save. New file would appear in my Lightroom stack. If I selected the new image without having made any lightroom edits and select "edit in Photoshop" again. The tif would open with my previous layers still intact. If I make changes and close and save. I will see a new image in my stack. 

Now that workflow is broken. I am able to "edit in Photoshop" and save without a problem. However, if I decide to I want to re-edit the tif in Photoshop all of my layers have been flattened to a "background" layer. 

I found where the originals are stored locally, and able to get the layerd files from there, but that is an inconvient workaround. Anyone know I how to fix this? I have a sneaking suspiscion the behavior was broken by the addition of cloud documents.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE: Originals are saved locally and have layers intact. Reverting back to 3.4 fixes the issues and photos edited in the Photoshop 2020 of 21 once closed and saved back to Lightroom will open again in the PS with layers intact. Of course this is not ideal as I did like some of the new features of 4.0. If anyone has any ideas or fixes please let me know.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines