• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 4.0 vs 4.2 on MacBook Pro

New Here ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I traded in my desktop Mac Friday and had purchased a license for Lightroom 4.0. Apple Tech told me I'd be able to log in and download Lightroom to my new laptop. 7 months ago ... Adobe upgraded to version 4.2.

I logged on to download even the old version (4.0) and it said the software wasn't supported any longer. I contacted Adobe and they literally told me "tough luck" ... 

Anyone have experience with this? Did folks really just surrender their software license? Just doesn't feel right to me ... it's not like I'm asking for a huge favor, IMO ... I purchased in 2012 and have been a customer for years, not sure why I can't download even the old version, if that's what I choose to continue to use. 

And how is the software just "not supported" anymore? It's only been upgraded for 7 months ... ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And how is the software just "not supported" anymore? It's only been upgraded for 7 months ... ?

Sorry- No. You have your very 'old' Lightrom v4.0 confused with the very 'new' Lightroom-(Deskstop) v4.2 which is Cloud based (files stored in Adobe Cloud) and only available by subscription. Lightroom for the 'Cloud' is what the 'Tech' was referring to.

Your Version 4 from 2012 has not been supported (or updates provided) for several years. Adobe download servers for Versions 4.0 to 6.14 'stand-alone' are long gone.

I traded in my desktop Mac Friday

So if your new Mac has Catalina or BigSur MacOS then it is impossible to install any old versions of Lightroom anyway.

A new Mac system is going to require you to subscribe to the Photography Plan (20Gb) and then have the latest v10.2 of your v4.0 (now called Lightroom-Classic). You also get Photoshop v20.4.1, Adobe Bridge, Lightroom-Desktop v4.2 for new Macs and PCs, Lightroom-Mobile for iPhones, iPads, mobile devices, a free Portfolio web site, etc.

$9.99 PHOTOGRAPHY PLAN (USA)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines