• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6.14 standalone deactivation problem

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deactivated LR 6.14 on my old computer and uninstalled it. Then I re-installed it on a new computer. I kept getting the message "Maximum Activations Exceeded" but LR would still open and I've been using it for about a month on my new computer. This morning I got the same message but LR wouldn't open. I bought it in the first place, it is only on my laptop and desktop computers and I hardly ever use my laptop. What can I do to solve this problem? I can't find any link or phone number to contact Adobe directly.

Thank you for any help. I really don't want to buy a subscription at the moment and v. 6.14 is all I need.

Nancy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Thank you. I eventually found a phone number for them and talked to two support people, at different times. They both said that they cannot reset my activation, even though I asked for it in those words. They informed me that my only option is to sign up for the subscription. I guess Adobe finally got me. 🙂

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link where you can initiate a live chat with Adobe support. Be sure to indicate that all you want is to reset your activations for Lightroom 6 because Adobe does not support that version anymore. Just click on the little circle in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=LTRM_membership-account-payment_cancel-your-membership_sti... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds perfect but I can't see any little circle at the bottom of my screen. Here is a screenshot. Am I missing something there? 

screenshot.jpg

Thanks, Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try logging in with your Adobe ID and password, and see if that makes a difference. Or click on the "Contact Customer Care" in the upper left-hand corner. That doesn't show on my webpage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been logged into my account all along. I've clicked on every "Contact Us" that I can find and they all just takeme to the forum or to a place to buy their products. I even found a link that said "Real help from real people" but I couldn't find a place to contact a real person. Any other ideas?

A box popped up when I replied "No" to "Is this page helpful", but it was asking how to make the page more helpful. I filled it in anyway and said I just wanted to reset my activation.

It's on my laptop, which I only use on trips, and I'm afraid if I try to deactivate it on the laptop it won't make any difference and I won't even have it on my laptop. I did follow online instructions to deactivate it before uninstalling it and wiping it from my old computer.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what to tell you. Herre is what the website looks like on my computer. The "circle" sort of floats and is available to click on. The login that I was looking at on your screen was for something else. Sorry.

Screenshot 2021-06-28 111605.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see what you mean by the chat circle and I've seen it on other sites, but it doesn't come up on Adobe for me. I even changed Firefox to allow pop-ups, and then signed on with Microsoft Edge (my only other browser) but I don't see a chat box. Very reluctantly I might have to go to the subscription model, something I've been trying to avoid. I don't use Photoshop--I use Affinity Photo instead--so I would just be paying for Lightroom.

First I will deactivate it on my laptop and see if Adobe recognizes the deactivation.

Thank you for your suggestions. It was worth a try.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try another browser if you have one set up. Lightroom Classic certainly has a lot more to offer than Lightroom 6. I use Photoshop very little, but it would still consider the subscription very worthwhile. It's all relative, I suppose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this link to contact an Adobe Rep-
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen.

If the chat window fails to open, or is non-responsive, use a different device/browser to start the interaction.

And you must ask only for 'Activation reset'.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I eventually found a phone number for them and talked to two support people, at different times. They both said that they cannot reset my activation, even though I asked for it in those words. They informed me that my only option is to sign up for the subscription. I guess Adobe finally got me. 🙂

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines