• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6.2.1 on iPad 2020 12.9 1TB (with 500GB free) - Tried 2x with the same error

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

I have 30K pictures on my Adobe Cloud (also fully cached on my iPad) , I've selected 9289 good ones and I am trying to export (as is, no conversion) using the option "Export as original".

After 15 minutes thinking and validating I've got the prompt to save, so I've created a ipad folder called "test" and tried to "export". After 5 minutes I've got the error "The Operation couldn't be completed. Operation not permitted - Operation not permitted"

On the destination folder "test" only 2051 files (of 9289) was saved. As a former kernel developer (Solaris) I noticed that it is pretty close to 2048 (2x1024) limit, so I don't know if it makes sense but I can smell something as RFE for IPad OS or to Adobe.

Bottom line is:

* iPad with 500GB free

* 2020 12.9 6GB RAM (only running LR)

* Using local resources (iPad storage)

Please help! I don't know if anyone from Adobe could help me, otherwise I'd use my windows machine to get this done.

See attached pictures...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to export all 9289 images at the same time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep! I've done on my PC already have 2017 4gb ram i5... But I would like to do it on my iPad 🙂 It seems a basic task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure that the iPad has enough power to export 9+k images at once. Not sure if it could do 900!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... it's faster than my Lenovo yoga 720 i5 from 2017... I think this is a SW issue 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best place to report bugs is on the following forum, which is monitored by the engineering team:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_lightroom_mobile

I'm pretty sure there used to be a technical limit years ago but don't know if there still is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep... I opened over there too... I believe it's something when you have more than 2048 pictures to export once... maybe LR maybe iPadOS;) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines