• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Adjustment Brush - re-edit no longer possible

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to LR CC from LR5, I have lost functionality for my adjustment brushes. I can edit images just fine and make all of my adjustments, but I am no longer able to see the circles that used to allow me to switch between brush edits and go back to adjust them. Once I start a new brush or switch out of the adjustment brush tool, I have no ability to change past adjustments.

I'm on a 2012 iMac, and am assuming maybe this has something to do with it, some sort of incompatibility with the new version of LR and the age of my computer? I had no trouble with LR5, and I am using a fairly recent version of the Apple OS. So maybe that's not my problem, but I can't figure out what else it might be.

If anyone has ideas, I would greatly appreciate the help to diagnose this problem! It has made using the adjustment brush a lot less useful than it used to be.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems you upgraded to Lr CC Classic. Stop by that forum to get an answer to your question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still a problem, but I will check there too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi yotung,

Sorry, is this happening, have you tried updating the Lightroom CC to 1.1 version via Creative Cloud desktop and check if that helps to fix this issue?

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those circles are called Pins. Try pressing the H key for show/Hide.

Can you clarify which version you're using please? Lightroom CC 1.x or Lightroom Classic? Lots of people are confused right now, so we're just trying to make sure everyone gets the right information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for giving a simple (and completely helpful) answer to a simple question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off the GPU acceleration under preferences and see if they reappear. I was missing those too and noticed that LightroomCCHelper was crashing on my machine - after turning of GPU acceleration, they reappeared and the crashing stopped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yotung, I'm having the same issue...I was mid-way through editing a set a photos in Adobe Lightroom CC v4.2 (20210301-0713-6cdd6a3 Build) when my "Pins" (little blue dots) for each of my individual adjustment brushes just disappeared.  Now I can make any/as many adjustments as I want, but I cannot erase, add-to, or delete individual adjustments as the "Pins" have completely disappeared.  I tried the "H" and "Ctrl+H" methods to get them to reappear and had no luck.  I also rebooted LR with no luck.  The only thing I can think that I did, was I deviated from my usual routine for adding a new adjustment brush.  My usual routine, was to go back to the Master Adjustment Panel, and then go right back to the Brushes to add my next adjustment.  However, this time, I instead just clicked the "+" Button at the top of the Brush Adjustment Panel (its the far left button in the top row of 3 buttons - Button 2 is a Brush, Button 3 is an Eraser).  Now the "+" Button is the only button available for me to click, and the Adjustment "Pins" have completely disappeared.

I'm getting quite furious with the situation.  Anyone have any useful tips? (its not my GPU processing - this occured midway through edits and I have a powerful machine).

Help please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Lightroom v4.2-

Keyboard [O] is the key that toggles the Pins and Mask Overlay. ( In Lr-CLASSIC [H] hides/shows pins)

But I think there is a 'Bug' that stops the [O] key working. Just now mine worked for a while to toggle pins & overlay, then it became inactive! Only the [Right-Click] menu would toggle!!

[Right-Click] on the image with Brush active has "Cycle Overlay" at the base of the Context Menu.

[SHIFT+O] toggles the Overlay COLOR Red<>Green.

Edit: I posted it as a bug at Adobe Feedback-

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-desktop-cloudbased/lr-brush-pins-overlay-will...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yotung - try restaring your machine...the fix-all for everything.  That restored my ability to see my adjustment pins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines