Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Lightroom and Apple Magic Keyboard

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got the iPad 12.9 M1 (2021) and the Apple Magic Keyboard.

Everything works exactly like expected, but I can't use the keyboard to input text in Lightroom - e g when I want to create a new album, or put in information about a photo.

Everything else works just perfect, it's just these input fields that doesn't react on text input.

Have I missed something, or is this a bug?

TOPICS
Bug, iOS, Mobile, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

this does sound like a bug but since I can't reproduce it would be interesting to know if e.g. device restart helps.
Are you on the 11 or 12.9 inch iPad?
Besides iOS version, any settings that you might have for e.g. Accessibility should be helpful.

Thanks,
Ignacio

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ignacio!

I'm on the iPad 12.9 M1 2021 256 Gb.

I found the issue/bug.

I've disabled "shortcuts" menu in Settings-General-Keyboard in iOS - I don't like this because it takes up parts of the screen, and it looks bad... This apparently disable the keyboard input in Lightroom (when there's an text input field). When I enable it, I'm able to put in text again.

Sounds like a bug to me. ☺️ 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just wanted to report that I had the exact same issue and it was driving me mad - I was able to resolve it by following Davids advice. Thank you for posting your work around while this bug gets sorted out!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines