• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom app camera on iOS not recording location data

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried everything. The native camera records location  but my LR camera does not. It is turned on in settings.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William,

Welcome to the Adobe Community!

Are you capturing images in DNG format via Lightroom app?
Also, have you tried sharing a DNG file captured via Lightroom and see if Location info gets shared with the file?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm capturing DNG and shared with numerous destinations. No location with any. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What device and OS version are you using?

Have yoiu tried reinstalling the app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IPhone 7 Plus with latest iOS updated a few days ago. It just stopped recording location data recently. Has been working fine for years. If I delete and reinstall app then it will have to redownload all my images (26,000), correct?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, before trying any re-install, let's first check something simple:

1. in iOS Settings > Lightroom, is Location set to While Using (Allow location access)?

2. inside Lightroom's camera settings (which are opened when you tap the 3-dot menu inside the LR Camera) is "Geotag Photos" enabled?

I hope this is all you need to get this working as expected again.

In case that doesn't help, and you want to try reinstalling, here's more info to answer your last question: 

After any new install, the app will sync your account and image info, but not actually store all your photos on your device.  Thumbs are really all that's synced to your phone while you browse your account.  So a clean install of the app should take only minutes to sync your account to your phone.

If you edit images, high res copies or originals are then downloaded from cloud storage, but we have logic in place in our app to clean up such large copies of your images from the app cache when necessary, since all your files are synced to cloud storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes to both your suggestions. I guess I'll reinstall. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalled and same problem. All other cameras on my phone geotag, no issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

can you please let us know how you verify that the geolocation is not added?
Is it through Export/Share to etc?
If so, please verify what you have set in More Options in the Share settings.
You can then set it to include Location Info, its off by default.

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That setting is on. Also, I have checked the data with exif viewers and get "no location recorded". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you sign into your same account at lightroom.adobe.com, select and open one of your recent photos that should have GPS info, and then click 'i' to view the photo info?  Do you see map data there?

Thanks,

Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No location indicated on adobe.com photos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If possible, I would like request an example image with this issue.  I'll send you a direct message to get more info.  Thanks for taking the time to report this and work with us!

--Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having the same problem as the original poster. Was a solution found? I've followed all the steps mentioned with no resolution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Converting this thread to a problem report.

@ecalora , there is an issue logged for this, but engineers are still trying to gather details on how to reproduce this.  Can you share what specific device and iOS version you are using?  Are you using the camera in an area with good or poor cellular coverage?  Specific details would help.  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines