• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom ARM64 unable to start correctly (0xc000007b) after windows update 2022-11-01

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom for ARM64 (surfaceprox SQ1) had been working well for me for the past year, but after a windows update on Nov 1 2022, it cannot open, I get error "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application" for lightroom.exe. There are also lots of errors from CRlotransport.exe with 0xc000007b, same message.

I found this similar thread and other threads that blame C++ redistrubatles:

Solved: CRLogTransport.exe Error on Surface Pro X - Adobe Support Community - 13310268

I have re-installed lightroom and restarted windows and checked for windows update and re-installed the 2022 c++ redistributables 3 times without any improvment.

The full steps from the other thread that I have already attempted:

1. Uninstalled Lighrtoom using creative cloud, choosing to delete also preferences
  2. Uninstalled create cloud itself using a special ARM64 uninstaller that can be downloaded
  3. Run CC cleaner and choose to delete all types of everythign
  4. Uninstalled and re-installed the 2022 C++ redistributables. Other threads to do other versions like 2008-15, but none of those versions are available for ARM64/
  5. Restarted windows, reinstalled CreateCloud, reinstalled lightroom.
  6. I start getting 0xc000007b errors from CRlotransport.exe when the installer is partially complete. Install finishes successfully, but lightroom.exe fails to launch also with 0xc000007b.
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar story here, getting the same error.

Currently using the Windows Dev Kit 2023, with the latest windows update, both Lightroom, and Creative Cloud Desktop is having issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try installingMicrosoft visual c++ redistributables from 2013 and above, both 32 amd 64 versions plush the ARM64 for 2022. When all is installed, reboot. It's still erroring with 0xc000007b do a repair on all installed Microsoft visual c++ redistributables

this seemed to work for me after working one on one with an Adobe tech. 

good luck 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you're installing the 32bit and 64bit c++ redists on the ARM64 windows, and then those get emulated somehow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Installing the 32/64 bit c++ worked for me! Lightroom now opens. Attaching screenshot of my installed c++s for others to reference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines