• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Camera support for ultra-wide lens on iPhone 11 Pro?

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an ETA for when the Lightroom Camera on iOS will have support for the ultra-wide lens on iPhone 11 Pro (and Pro Plus)? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team is actively working on support for the new iPhone 11 devices for an upcoming release soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that Ultrawide support showed up in the latest iOS app this month, which is great! Unfortunately, it looks like this is still not supported in HDR mode. Is there any ETA for UW support in HDR shooting mode?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might have to do with the fact that the UW lens only shoots jpeg it looks like. this in it self is very unfortunate as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any change in this, or is the ultrawide still limited to jpeg?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I got the iPhone 12 pro max and downloaded the new beta iOS exposing the new Apple proRAW format, I took a shot in the native app with the Ultrawide lens and opened it in Lightroom mobile, it looks like it's a DNG file now 😊 finally. So my guess is that the LRM app will be update with the raw suppose soon for the wide angle lens, of course at this point I am not sure what happen if you don't have the 12 pro. What I am really hoping is that LRM will support the HDR with the wide angles lens as is use this all the time. Anyway hopefully that brings some good informations. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom app can only offer lens and file format options that the platform provides.  We do our best to partner with the manufacturer to expose options like what's mentioned here.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it make sense. It looks like the app Halide is having access to the wide angles lens raw format of the iPhone 12 pro so I am sure it's a question of time for LRM to implement it. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, note that Adobe today released updates to natively support the new Apple ProRAW format throughout the LR ecosystem:

https://blog.adobe.com/en/2020/12/08/december-photography-updates.html

" – ProRAW format support: You’ll be able to import and edit images taken in the Apple ProRAW format in the December updates to Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic, or Lightroom (desktop, iOS, Android, lightroom.adobe.com). ProRAW is built using the Adobe DNG file format and specification. Please click here for more information."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I have been shooting Apple ProRAW for the last two weeks and it seemed to work fine in LR mobile already. I wonder what is deferent. It's to bad we still don't have access to the raw format with the wide angle lens yet in LRM. Thank you for the update by the way. 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure! Per CNET's recent article, here's why it mostly worked already (because Apple chose wisely):

"You can edit ProRaw images in the iPhone Photos app. The photos will have a raw tag on them in the same way HDR videos do. Since the file is DNG, apps like Adobe Lightroom will work, but will work better once they support ProRaw."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see. I will keep testing to see if I can notice a difference. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines