Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Lightroom CC crashes immediately when starting since LR5 update

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating lightroom CC to the new version 5 "Max" update, i cant start it anymore. It crashes just as its done booting up.

GPU: Nvidia Geforce 1070 GTX

CPU: Intel i7700k

Memory: 32GB

I tried restarting the PC already, but nothing else so far. I did send the crash report. Lightroom did work flawless prior to the update.

BR

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem Win 10 Home 64 Bit, 5600M GPU, 4800H CPU, 32GB RAM, did the update opened the new Lightroom update and it just freezes right after the boopity boop noise it makes, I tried rebooting and stilll freezes, I tried uninstalling and keeping settings and reinstalling still freezes, tried uninstalling and reinstalling without keeping settings, I got the welcome screen which worked fine, but as soon as I tried to open an image it froze.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears to be graphics driver related, I updated my graphics driver and its working now.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kaputnik,

We're sorry for the crash issue. Could you please update the Nvidia drivers from the manufacturer's website and see if that helps to resolve the crash issue for you? The latest driver version is 416.34, here's the download link: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/138697/

Also, please share the email address with me via direct message so that I can look for the submitted logs.

Thanks,

Mohit

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, i will give the driver update a try. However i have to inform you, the latest driver for my graphics card is not 416.34 as that driver is from october 2018, the latest driver for my graphics card is 496.49 and since i indeed dont have that one updated yet, i will just give it a try.

BR Lorenz

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated the graphics driver but still encounter the same issue sadly 😞

BR Lorenz

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you got the problem sorted out yet?

I have the same problem. 🙁

New upgraded version crashes directly at start - Adobe Support Community - 12475654

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, sadly not sorted out yet. Tried with a new graphics driver already aswell, tried a fresh re-install, nothing helped.

Still am working as fallback with the previous verison installed.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just realized that if I choose Edit/Preferences in the menu just before the crash dialog shows, I have access to the GUI. I just have to move the crash dialog to the side and continue use Lightroom as nothing happened. Does this work for you too?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines