• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC Desktop Syncing X Photos... forever.

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched the forms; but, I can't find a solution for this issue. My Lightroom CC (MacOS) is "syncing" 6 photos; however, no photos show up as syncing when I filter All Photos. I was not importing or exporting any photos when this issue started. I was doing some editing and pruning of photos in my library and it's possible I temporarily lost my Wi-Fi connection as I am staying in a hotel.

Other steps I have tried:

• Emptied the Lightroom CC trash
  • Exported / Re-imported Original + Settings of the latest import.
  • Restarted Lightroom CC like a million times.
  • Rebooted Mac
  • Uninstalled Lightroom CC (keeping settings).
  • Installed latest Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic updates.

I recall having this problem when Lightroom CC first started syncing Lightroom Classic Libraries. I believe I "cured" it by doing a Tabula Rasa and starting over. I really don't want to do that again. 

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

OK. I solved it; but, I wanted to post this for the next poor soul who is caught up in the sad spiral that is Adobe syncing services.

First, I want to be clear that my problem was with Lightroom CC Desktop on macOS. My Lightroom CC Mobile apps on my iPad and iPhone were fine. If your problem does not fit these specific criteria, this might not work for you.

Second, I implore you to back. up. your. stuff. I don't want your lost memories on my conscience. Ego absolvo.

OK!

1. Sign out of your Adobe Ac

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I solved it; but, I wanted to post this for the next poor soul who is caught up in the sad spiral that is Adobe syncing services.

First, I want to be clear that my problem was with Lightroom CC Desktop on macOS. My Lightroom CC Mobile apps on my iPad and iPhone were fine. If your problem does not fit these specific criteria, this might not work for you.

Second, I implore you to back. up. your. stuff. I don't want your lost memories on my conscience. Ego absolvo.

OK!

1. Sign out of your Adobe Account on your Mac.
    • in Lightroom CC go to: Help â†’ Sign Out…
    • Go through all the Sign Out dialogs. LRCC will quit and restart. After that, quit it.
  2. Find your Lightroom CC library. Mine is in ~Pictures.
  3. Rename that Library to something like: "zLightroom Library" or whatever.
  4. Restart Lightroom CC.
  5. Sign in to your Adobe account. Pray to the old gods and the new.

With any luck, your precious photos will be sucked down from the clöud like pennies from heaven. If it works, think a sweet thought in my direction. If someone thinks about us, we live forever.

This shall be my legacy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll try that ! It looks like a bug and so you know, yesterday I have spend hours with several Adobe team members and none of them could solve this exact same issue I'm having on my Mac and iPad, worse thing is that they have closed my case right away ! That's how Adobe treats their customers : if problem, close the case and don't solve it, and pray for the costumer to shut up about the bug and find a solution by himself, just like you did ! Thanks ! M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I OWE YOU A FREAKIN COCKTAIL!!! THANK YOU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trosenberg, you shall live forever! Your instructions were spot-on, though I strayed from Item #3. Instead of renaming to "zLightroom Library" as instructed, I renamed to "Lightroom Library - Royal PITA" and that seemed to do the trick! Your legacy is safely etched in granite!

Edit (before I even pressed "Post"): While trying to rebuild the sync database (EVERYTHING is in deleted folder, as I was resorting back to Lightroom Classic after this debacle), the dang Lightroom program keeps automatically signing me out of Adobe every 3-5,000 photos synced and relaunching ("You have been signed out, Lightroom needs to be relaunched"). I keep having to sign in again for it to continue syncing. What a junker of a program, definitely not ready for prime time. With Apple, syncing is completely transparent. Too bad I can't use my iCloud bandwidth to host the Lightroom library, as Adobe syncing is a joke. I hate having to pay monthly for a hosting subscription that is so clumsy and amateurish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines