• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC for iPAD´- What kind of DNG files of raw files is it exporting?

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

I've been using Lightroom since ever it came out as well as other raw converters/editors etc...

Still on Lightroom Classic on desktops and laptos..However with developement with very capable iPads and advanced Lightroom CC for iPads I switch to that when "on the go", just love it.
I'm using medium format cameras, so the files are pretty huge..but iPad and LR are up to it, I love it.

BUT,
today I saw the file size of exported DNGS. They are on average 45MB "large". Same file exported as DNG via Lightroom Classic is 296MB (lossless dng with original raw).
I tried all the different exports of DNGs in Lightroom Classic and it never comes to 45MB, it's either way larger or one time smaller.

Any clue??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom mobile exports a DNG with the raw data, but it does not embed the original raw file.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johan, 

thank you for the reply. 

But how come that files are different sizes compared with what Lightroom classic exports (I tried all different options for dng export, and it was never even close to the file size LR on iPad exports) ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@mitjak63714597 wrote:

Hi Johan, 

thank you for the reply. 

But how come that files are different sizes compared with what Lightroom classic exports (I tried all different options for dng export, and it was never even close to the file size LR on iPad exports) ?

What is the size of the original raw file, and what are the sizes you can export this file as DNG from Lightroom Classic?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of interest, is this because the photos entry point to the Cloud was via a synced Collection from Classic and thus a lower res Smart Previre? Or are you importing them into the iPad directly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when on assignment I import shots directly into the iPad's Lightroom, work on them and export them into either "files", my dropbox or straight onto external harddrive as dngs/tiffs or jpgs... And I wanted to be sure that dngs are not lossy. Preferably I'd use dngs with embedded raws..as I'm doing on LR classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines