• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC for Mobile: Image preview looks different from final saved image. How do I save the settings/tweaks as I see it in preview mode?

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Lightroom CC for Mobile and am using it on an Android phone.

When I click a picture using the inbuilt Camera of the app, the viewfinder and the clicked picture review usually show up all tweaked and very colourful but the actual file that is saved on the phone is the basic file which is without any tweaks and pretty dull.

I'd like to know how to access this tweaked picture and subsequently save it as it, at most times, creates a beautiful end result which I can barely replicate with the tools in the app.

Examples are below of what I'm trying to figure out:

The first image is the preview of a picture I just clicked. This is how it looks in the viewfinder prior to capturing it and it looks exactly the same as what was seen in the viewfinder immediately after capturing the image. I can retrieve it by touching the picture thumbnail that shows up to the left of the big blue camera button inside the app screen

Preview.jpg

Once I exit the camera screen, I get to access the original picture from my Lightroom folder section, but there the image shows up without any of the tweaks that were there in the preview. This is what the original image looks like when retrieved from the saved files section inside the Lightroom pictures gallery.

Original.jpg

I'd greatly appreciate if somebody can help me figure out how to save that tweaked preview image that I see immediately after taking a picture.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EtrnLwanderer,

This is exactly how Lightroom works. The original file is maintained in its pristine and untouched condition, while any edits and enhancements are recorded in Lightroom’s library.

To get an edited photo out of Lightroom, you need to “export” it. This is done in Lightroom Mobile via the “Share” feature. Here are the sharing options on iOS, your Android options might look different:

BC823FB3-72F9-40EB-BEBA-B67CDDC39EEF.jpeg

The sharing options (except the last one) have the choice of a 2048 pixel size, or “largest available” which could vary depending on whether the original file is still on your system, or whether you’re connected with the cloud backup. The options are:

• Share - saves an edited copy, using your device’s native sharing function. On iOS, this allows sharing to other apps including social media.
  • Save to Camera Roll - saves an edited version directly in the Camera Roll
  • Save to Files - saves an edited version in any supported file location. On iOS, this could be iCloud files, Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, Creative Cloud Files, etc. On Android you may have additional options.
  • Open In - This is essentially the same as the Share option above, at least on iOS.
  • Edit In - Send an edited copy to Photoshop Fix for healing (blemishes, spot removal) or transform (liquify). A copy is returned automatically to Lightroom after you finish.
  • Export Original - this will allow you to save the original file (no edits). This is useful if you want to get the original raw file back after Lightroom syncs it to the cloud, and it’s not currently on your device.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Michael,

Thank you for the information.

I think my question came out all wrong.

What I'm stumped by is the fact that the image in the viewfinder itself prior to capturing an image looks all tweaked but the same tweaks don't show up when you actually capture it? This tweaked preview is also visible post-capture in the thumbnail to the left of the onscreen camera button, so this obviously means the file has been captured with lightrooms pre-capture viewfinder image tweaks intact.

I just need to know if there is some way I can access this saved thumbnail image I see to the left of the camera button which is actually the replica of the image as I had seen it on my camera viewfinder screen prior to clicking the image.

In my OP that was what I was trying to explain viz the two images I posted.
The first one is the preview image as seen on my camera viewfinder pre-capture as well as in the thumbnail at the lower left of the screen immediately after capturing it
The second image is, as you stated, the original image file in its untouched condition.

All I need to know is is there some way to access that "tweaked" preview file

EtrnL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EtrnL,

What if you press the “Auto” button in Edit mode? Does that give you the equivalent view?

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

No, it doesn't. It comes closest to the preview image (not exact or as good though) if I use the Modern 02 preset under Profiles. It still isn't as vibrant as what I see in the original preview thumbnail/viewfinder mode.

I notice that this "tweaked" image shows up only with the Lightroom camera.

EtrnL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EtrnL,

Must be something unique to Android, I’ve read posts from others describing some things that might be related. Perhaps when Adobe staff get back to the office after the holiday, someone may have some comments or suggestions.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Thanks for all the help. I guess I'll wait and see if there is another angle to this from the Android experts.

EtrnL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello EtrnL,

I am having the same issue (using an iPhone SE with lightroom mobile). The image preview on the capture screen looks as I want my final image to look, I have adjusted the camera settings to capture the image. Then, when I looked at the image in the library folder it is significantly different. Did you ever find a resolution to this issue? 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is an old post, but did you ever figure out a solution to this? I'm having the exact same issue and Google is failing me. I'm using an iPhone 11 Pro Max. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines