• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC ios workflow issues (shooting RAW with in app camera)

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really love using the Lightroom CC IOS App for taking RAW photos and editing on the fly, it's great, but it comes undone when physical storage space on the phone runs out... 

I regularly take hundreds of photos a day, many slight variations fo the same shot, with some in focus, some out of focus - using the phone to qualify the detail for culling shots can be difficult, especially with the 'select' system the app has which makes the photos even smaller. This is common in photography, using the preview screen on an DSLR to select photos isn't an option,  most people would usually import to Lightroom with a cable or use wifi to select the photos to sync - I prefer to connect a cable so I can delete the photos that are trash on the device at the same time. 

I'm now finding with a full phone of 200+gb, that I can not use a cable to select photos for importing on lightroom, I can not find the files with in a finder windows to delete manually and I can not choose which photos to sync via the cloud... the only option is to sync every photo I've ever taken on my phone, over a 5 year period to see anything on my computer.

This is extremely inefficient and I don't wan't all my personal photos on the cloud.

- Does someone have a work around?

- Is there plans to be able to choose which photos to sync??  - Syncing the "Lr Camera Photos" rather than "All Photos" would be a great first step.  

- Is there plans to limit access of albums on the phone to Lightroom so not every photo needs to be synced, a delineation between personal and work photography is required. 

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Mobile Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm may not be fully understanding the workflow issue in relation to images that you capture on your iPhone using the camera in Lightroom. I get that if you are a prolific phone camera shooter you might well run into space issues on the device, but if using the Lr camera the only way to deal with that space issue is to either pause sync while you cull on the phone, or if you can't cull on the phone you'll have to wait until the images have synced to the Adobe cloud and from there download into whichever Lightroom desktop app you are wanting to use. After that sync upload has completed it should be possible to release the local space by clearing the cache in the Lightroom app on the phone.

However, it's just not possible to access those images in the Lightroom mobile app on the phone in any other way. A quicker local Lan sync could help here, but although that's been a requested feature for quite a long time there's no sign of it appearing any time soon.

Using the iOS camera might help but only in the sense of being able to locally attach and import into Lightroom Classic on your desktop in the old-fashioned way, thus avoiding the potentially lengthy cloud upload.

As you have discovered, there is no "selective sync" option in Lightroom either (though I don't see how that would help with the lack of local space issue), so if you don't want all those previous years phone captures to sync to the cloud, the only solution is not to import them into the Lightroom app at all. Again, a selective sync option has also been formally requested at the Adobe feedback site, so you could head over there and cast a vote in favour: https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-mobile/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40875

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If there was a selective sync I could upload the lightroom photos that need to be edited and culled much faster. I've been syncing for days, literally days, uploading thousands of personal photos from my camera roll I dont want on the cloud just so i can edit and cull the lightroom photos ive taken in the last month - it's insanity. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines