• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC Local Copy 100GB more than Online Synced Storage - how to fix

New Here ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I had to force shutdown my MacBook Pro while Lightroom was open (running the latest version of Lightroom CC, v4.2). On retsrat, it said the catalog was broken and needed to be redownloaded from the Cloud. No problem - except, very annoyingly, it then proceeded to re-download 100-200GB of photos to my local storage copy on my external hard drive, despite the fact that all these photos had previously been downloaded, before I force-restarted my Mac!

Now, in Lightroom, it says I've used 306.9GB of storage.

But on my local storage folder, it says 414GB. (screenshots below)

(Also - separate problem - there is 1 Photo perpetually syncing, but when I click "View," it says "No photos [syncing] were found.)

Any ideas how I can fix this? I'd rather not completely delete the local copy and start from scratch... that would be rather a waste of bandwidth.

From my experience, local storage seems to be a bit of an afterthought in Lightroom CC, which is unfortunate.

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 2.34.23 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-31 at 2.34.40 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>From my experience, local storage seems to be a bit of an afterthought in Lightroom CC, which is unfortunate.

Yes this is very true.

The difference in storage space probably is a consequence of previews not counting towards the online storage requirements and could also be partly a consequence of different ways of counting bits. I.e. whether it is base 2 or base 10 bytes. 100GB seems a bit much though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines