• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC - No network connection, works in Classic

Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest Lightroom CC 2.1.1.    On my MacBook Pro 2018 running Mojave (latest), when running Lightroom CC it constantly displays "No network connection" and the cloud icon has an X through it.     Sometime it will start working for a short period and then disconnect again. 

When using Lightroom CC Classic I have no issues connecting from the same laptop.   I tried different WIFI networks and all have the same behavior, so I don't think it's something specific with the Internet connection.   My iPhone and iPad both running LR CC can connect just fine on the same network.  I'm able to access Lightroom web using Safari without issues and checked the SSL certificates on my laptop.  I have both IPv4 and IPv6 setup on my home network.   Is it possible to find out more information to get some error message to why it is unable to connect?

I really want to migrate from Lightroom classic CC to the cloud based CC solution, but this is holding me up as a showstopper.  

Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Thanks, I have reported the issue and seem to have found the root cause which is due to a corporate SSL proxy software which injects its own SSL certificate in the cloud connection.  However LR CC does not use the Mac system keychain which has the trusted root CA.  Therefore it shows an SSL connection error since it uses its own SSL keychain and does not know about the injected SSL certificate.

Here is my post to the other forum for reference:

Lightroom CC - No network connection, works in Classic | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your network have a firewall? Other users have reported issue with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, most network that are on WiFi would be behind a combo router/firewall. My firewall allows outbound connections, so it should not be an issue.  My iPad and iphone sit behind the same router without problems in Lightroom CC.  

I think there is a bug specific to the cloud version for desktop which is not present on the mobile.  How do we file a bug report with Adobe ? 

I’m paying for a product that’s I can’t fully use, there seem to be no option to open a support case even if we’re paying an active subscription. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Report the problem at the official Adobe feedback site: Lightroom CC for Desktop | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have reported the issue and seem to have found the root cause which is due to a corporate SSL proxy software which injects its own SSL certificate in the cloud connection.  However LR CC does not use the Mac system keychain which has the trusted root CA.  Therefore it shows an SSL connection error since it uses its own SSL keychain and does not know about the injected SSL certificate.

Here is my post to the other forum for reference:

Lightroom CC - No network connection, works in Classic | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for explaining the situation here, and reporting it on the other site. I know you aren’t alone in struggling with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will canceling my subscription help motivate Adobe to fix this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me the problem was solved by uninstalling the lightroom via the Creative Cloud and simply downloading the same app from Apple Store - now it's syncing and connecting to the internet just fine. Works only if you're a mac user but after all the frustration with Adobe, it was such a relief. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have signed up here to like the comment above from Kadri because this method did work for me! Thank you so much! Give it a shot everyone if you're facing this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I uninstall? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, uninstalling the Lightroom via the Creative Cloud and downloading the same app from Apple Store did not work for me. I am still not able to do anything in Lightroom. I have a personal Adobe account for Lightroom through my gmail, which has worked fine for me for the past few weeks. I just got an educational enterprise account tonight with my .edu email and Lightroom doesn't work for that account. It has to do something with the edu vs gmail account. I'm switching back and forth trying to figure this out. With the same software, my gmail account works fine, but my edu account doesn't allow me to do anything (e.g., can't upload pictures). 

Any other suggestions as downloading the Apple Store Lightroom didn't solve the issue for me. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hurray! I followed the advice of Kadri also and uninstalled via Adobe and reinstalled on the App store and I immediately got my cloud storage back and everything is functioning normally so far. Whew, what a relief!

Thanks for the help!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a solution for Windows users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines