• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC on iOS, low quality thumbnails

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When syncing a collection from what is now Lightroom Classic, to Lightroom mobile (now Lightroom CC), the Grid view shows horrible low res thumbnails in the Lightroom CC app's on iPad or iPhone.

Selecting any image directly immediately shows the same size image, but at the much sharper quality. This is the case both in the long press feature, and going into edit or the other mobile modules.

I realize there are differences between smart previews, and 1:1, but why do the images in the grid view display at a lower quality than even smart preview? and at such a low resolution? Is there a setting or sync trick that display's and acceptable quality image in gridview?

When presenting a collection of images to a client on a mobile device, you simply cannot show them gridview and be respected for your photography.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Ah that is a different grid view. I never used it but I just tried it and you are right. It uses a lower quality preview for that view that doesn't have enough resolution. Tried it on my iPhone 8. This seems to me to be a bug as you are right it looks pretty bad and as soon as you tap on the image it looks tack sharp. This also happens with files where CC has the full raw files so it is not related to the file originating from Classic. You should report on feedback.photoshop.com

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm,

this works normally for me for smart previews synced from Classic. Sharp images in grid view on iOS Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an example, the first image is compressed and pixelated, selecting the middle photo (in any of the modules, including present) shows the same sized image, but at a much better sharpness. This is from an iPhone X with the newest version of iOS (though i get the same situation on an iPad). Its as if the gridview is using "preview" and selecting an image is using "smart preview". If there is a trick to fix this I'd love to know.

IMG_8587.jpgIMG_8588.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah that is a different grid view. I never used it but I just tried it and you are right. It uses a lower quality preview for that view that doesn't have enough resolution. Tried it on my iPhone 8. This seems to me to be a bug as you are right it looks pretty bad and as soon as you tap on the image it looks tack sharp. This also happens with files where CC has the full raw files so it is not related to the file originating from Classic. You should report on feedback.photoshop.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its the same on Android.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

i know it's a long time ago but could you solve your problem with the low resolution thumbnails?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines