Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC on Mac Stuck Verifying Photos After Moving to New Mac

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I haven't been shooting photos so I didn't use Lightroom CC on my Mac and did not upgrade it for a few months. (Last time was May I think.) And in the process I have replaced my Mac but restored it from a backup using Time Machine.

Today I tried to launch it and it wouldn't launch. So I force quit it and got i updated via the App Store on my Mac. I use the App Store version not the Creative Cloud version.

And then it wants me to log in again which I did. Now its stuck on "Moving your photos"

"Verifitying your photos 0/30000"

With the option to stop and resume on next launch.

I tried waiting for 30min and so far it has no progressed at all.

If I stop it wouldn't show any of my photos in native res only the low res snapshot version.

I have checked the Lightroom Library.lrlibrary file and my photos are there in the default location. In fact when I use the examine pack content function on my Mac's finder I can go in there and open them in other applications. So its only Lightroom that's stuck.

So my question is how do I solve this? Is Lightroom's photo library bound to machine somehow? My old Mac was sent in for repair and the motherboard/CPU etc was all replaced so its effectively a new Mac with new serial numbers etc. But I did restore from an old time machine backup and everything else works as intended. Including other photo editing softwares. Just Lightroom CC's stuck.

If any engineers/customer support person can help it'd be much appreciated, thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of the Lightroom Preferences>Local Storage tab? I suspect restoring from the TM backup will have caused this problem, so let's have a look at the preferences so that we can figure out what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi it was solved when I left the computer on overnight and it seems have to verified it.

The photo location was set to the default setting of /Users/username/Pictures/Lightroom Library.lrlibrary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines