Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC Reduced Resolution When Sharing

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Lightroom CC 3.2

I import my image into Lightroom CC and share it with a client. The shared image (JPG) has a lower resolution when the client tries to download the file from the shared link. I've tried this and can confirm that the file does have lower resolution when downloading from the shared link.

When I go to the Lightroom Web App and log into my account, I can downloads full resolution image from there. 

I would like to be able to share full resolution images with clients and for them to be able to download the same full resolution images. 

I understand if the web preview doesn't show full resolution.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know you can not choose the resolution of your shared images in Lightroom CC. You can do it when Exporting to your HD or an External storage but that doesn't apply to sharing unfortunately. And the documentation does not say anything about this as an option either: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/save-share-photos.html.

But the thing is that if you uploaded the photos using Lightroom CC and not Lightroom Classic (with Smart Previews enabled), it should share and allow the original resolution file download. And anyone who access your shared photos will be able to download the JPEG version, not the RAW one. If you upload RAW files Adobe's servers will create JPEGs from them when sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Lightroom CC... it should share and allow the original resolution file download."

That's the exact problem I'm encountering. Put a file in Lightroom CC, create a shared link, share it with a client, and the file they download is several MB's smaller. Gradients look horrible, colors shifted slightly, and it's not the intended image I meant for them to have. What could I be doing that's different? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same question here!

I tried sharing a video to a client and noticed that once I downloaded the video file from the shared link, the file size was reduced about 4 times and converted to .mp4 from .mov

If anyone knows a solution to this problem it would be a huge help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines