• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Filter for Likes and Comments

LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2014 Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that Adobe is committing to LR Mobile, it would be great if LR had better support for comments and likes:

- Ability to filter and search in smart collections for comments and likes. The Sort: Last Comment Time is helpful but not sufficient -- it only works with collections synced with LR Cloud, and you can only sort one collection at time (huh??).

- The same support for other publish services like Flickr that also sync user comments. Why did Adobe implement Last Comment Time and comment notifications just for LR Mobile? The underlying structure is already there to implement it for the other services as well. These other services have a diversity of features that many users find valuable and that are unlikely to ever appear in LR Mobile, so asking them to switch to LR Mobile just to get the trivial ability to sort by comment time is frustrating.

- SDK access to the comments and likes, so that plugins can manipulate that metadata just like they have the ability to manipulate other metadata. Just providing SDK access would let plugin developers provide the other functionality.

Idea Started
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

This feature request applies to Lightroom Ecosystem but has posts included for legacy Ligthroom Classic requests regarding the same topic.

Status Planned

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Released for Desktop - setting status as "Started"

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 180 Replies 180
180 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw your previous comments many times John 🙂 Unfortunately unless I'm mistaken plugins are not supported by Lightroom CC. They only work with Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize the feature request had been re-tagged to include Lightroom as well as Lightroom Classic (the name "Lightroom CC" is no longer used by Adobe).  You are of course correct, Lightroom does not support plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Lightroom CC the cloud-based service that photographs people who love photography. Take incredible photos anywhere with Adobe Lightroom, the latest CC. Use any browser to view your images uploaded from Lightroom CC Creative Cloud on your computer, mobile phone or tablet and edit them in full resolution. Find and organize searchable keywords on your photos that are automatically applied without being difficult to tag. Download it from HDLicense, Share and present your pictures in an entertaining way and more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When syncing your Lightroom catalog please add a feature in the library module as well as in the mobile version of Lightroom (at least Tablets) to be able to view, sort, and filter photos that have been favorited using the heart button on the online public gallery. Also, expanded options for sorting by comments across all Lightroom desktop and mobile software would also be important. It will be especially appreciated if, beyond the above, the photographer can also view, isolate, filter, or sort images that have been favorited or commented on by one specific user. Example: Client's friends and family view the shared gallery and favorite and comment on photos inside that gallery. I want to be able to filter, sort and view only images that have likes on them or comments. Additionally, if the client has favorited 100 photos for her album choices I would like to be able to filter out every other user's favorites so that I may easily see, isolate, filter, and sort only that images my client wants for their album.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To use the share function effectively we would need the capability to see likes and comments in the desktop app. When showing clients albums, they can comment and like but we can only see this on lightroom mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When anyone comments on or favorites photos in my shared galleries, I receive notifications on my iPhone and iPad, but when I tap on the notifications to view the the comments or favorited photos, Lightroom opens, but it doesn't take me to where I can view the feedback, and I don't know how to manually navigate to see them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awkward? Are you make fun of us? 

So why would you share a colletion, when it´s not possible to comment or view the comments in this app. 

Is someone at Adobe using this app? 

Seems to be the clown department? 

I am very annoyed of the lack of this feature? 

Why would something that essential not find it way in the final app? 

I am speechless. 

rejoice in the way things are.
When you realize there is nothing lacking,
the whole world belongs to you.>Be content with what you have;
rejoice in the way things are.
When you realize there is nothing lacking,
the whole world belongs to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature would be very neat and practical !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Ecosystem received an update today including better support for Likes and Comments. Please see https://theblog.adobe.com/june-photography-releases/ for details!
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I think the improvements to shared albums are for Lightroom Cloud, not Lightroom Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a mistake to think "the cloud is the future for everyone in every situation". That is linear thinking, not always the best. It's like "soon all planes will be supersonic", and you know what happened there! "Work locally, save globally" is the best advice (that I gave for 25 years of Mac IT Systems & Server support). The cloud will NEVER be fast enough for ever increasing size files in Photoshop/Lightroom, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hence my use of the word Ecosystem 😉 

This feature request was made for both Classic and the Ecosystem. The support added was for Lightroom Desktop/Mobile. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I guess the original request has changed its meaning over the years. When I first submitted it six years ago, it was solely about providing more features in what is now called LR Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is incredibly frustrating to not have such a simple feature already implemented. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The feature that was requested in the original post of this thread was implemented in June of this year. Likes and Comments are now accessible from all of the Lightroom apps, not just the LrWeb app. There's also a Notifications feature in all the apps to let the user know when new likes/comments have been made.

It's still not perfect, i.e. there's no way yet to filter likes and comments on a per album basis, nor separate them on a per customer basis either. But progress has been made, and hopefully more will follow in due course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Jim.  I was commenting on the inability to filter likes and comments in Lightroom Classic, because when sending client proofs, there's often more than 50, sometimes up to 100 images in each album/collection, so you can see how it can be frustrating to not be able to filter the likes.

Also, is there going to be a way for clients to NOT have to create an Adobe ID in order to view and comment/like proofs or shared albums?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Classic at least has the "Last Comment Time" sort order, which at least lets you group all the images with comments/likes together. Each image with an unread commen/like will have a yellow badge in the grid, and the collection in the Collections Panel will laso have a yellow badge to indicate unread comments/likes. By no means perfect, but a lot better than nothing.

However, whilst I'm optimistic that improvements in the viewing/filtering in the cloud apps will happen eventually, I'd be a bit more pessimistic that any improvements will appear in Classic.

Regarding the Adobe ID requirement for comments/likes, that has been discussed with Adobe countless times, but they haven't shifted yet, so don't get your hopes up. To be honest, I've never been certain why this is an issue, it seems standard requirement for most (all) social media sites these days....

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At Lightroom people can really be creative and enjoy the world of photo editing and manipulation . 

So my suggestion is to recreate / add some features like other social media platforms the features are as follows:-

1.Feature to add multiple images in a single post.

2. Acess to notification when someone likes, follows instantaneously.

3. Add feature of Comment to be given on any of the post in discover .

4. Verification badge on profile for getting a number of followers or likes .

That's all are my suggestions for making Adobe Lightroom a better platform that provides better experience .

Eagerly waiting for these features 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now it seems there is no way to easily find favorited / commented on photos in shared albums in Lightroom CC/Desktop.  This can be done in LR Classic (in a round about way with sort by last comment date) but the fact there is no way to do this in CC/Web seems like a huge omission, especially for people who don't use or want to use Classic. 

In fact, the album sharing side of LR seems to be missing a huge number of potential features to make it amazingly useful, and yet nothing has really changed in the last couple of versions.  I'm hoping that some updates are forthcoming in future versions.

I'm told that this forum is monitored by Adobe/LR staff, and I'm sure that this suggestion will be given a huge amount of weight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be very helpful to be able to search for photos that have comments attached to them. If you have a lot of photos in an album, it's time consuming to have to skim through each photo to find a small number with a comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is being merged into an existing authoritative thread for better tracking and response. Please review the official answer (if any) in the second post on the thread for more information. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workflow has been severely hampered by not having an option to separate "hearted" or liked photos in a Shard album. Why has this not been addressed? Doesn't anyone share large Albums with clients and so they can choose their favorites? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is being merged into an existing authoritative thread for better tracking and response. Please review the official answer (if any) in the second post on the thread for more information. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we please get a fix to view the photos in our collection that have likes and comments from a shared collection.   I'd like to send a collection to a client and have them select the photos they like before editing.

Looking at this post it is not possible and needs to be implemented soon.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/filter-liked-favourited-photos.39834/post-1263342

Also noted that a 'long standing bug' has been identified that does not allow the photos to be sorted by comment time via the menu bar.  https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/filter-liked-favourited-photos.39834/post-1263357

How are we to use Lightroom to share a collection with a client or colleague and get feedback easily viewable?

Thanks for fixing this bug and adding this basic sorting feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As described in that thread, you can sort a shared collection (but just one shared collection at a time) by Last Comment Time.  Photos with recent likes and comments will be at the top, so at least you can find them fairly easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate