• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Filter for Likes and Comments

LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2014 Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that Adobe is committing to LR Mobile, it would be great if LR had better support for comments and likes:

- Ability to filter and search in smart collections for comments and likes. The Sort: Last Comment Time is helpful but not sufficient -- it only works with collections synced with LR Cloud, and you can only sort one collection at time (huh??).

- The same support for other publish services like Flickr that also sync user comments. Why did Adobe implement Last Comment Time and comment notifications just for LR Mobile? The underlying structure is already there to implement it for the other services as well. These other services have a diversity of features that many users find valuable and that are unlikely to ever appear in LR Mobile, so asking them to switch to LR Mobile just to get the trivial ability to sort by comment time is frustrating.

- SDK access to the comments and likes, so that plugins can manipulate that metadata just like they have the ability to manipulate other metadata. Just providing SDK access would let plugin developers provide the other functionality.

Idea Started
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

This feature request applies to Lightroom Ecosystem but has posts included for legacy Ligthroom Classic requests regarding the same topic.

Status Planned

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Released for Desktop - setting status as "Started"

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 180 Replies 180
180 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to figure this out for myself and found your question hoping someone had the answer. I was sad there isn't an obvious way to sort by likes in the filters, but I discovered if you click on the synced album under collections, it pops up to let you review comments. This will place all images with likes and comments at the top. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 11.59.06 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I would love a feature where you could sort photos by likes. It was puke help my work because then I can share an album for example after a wedding. And the couple could like the photos they like. If I then could sort them after likes it would make it easy to work with just the photos that have been liked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be helpful if I could create a smart collection that matched images in a collection that had LIKES, ideally sorted on the total number of LIKES.

Example: I have uploaded 100 images to an Adobe Cloud album and made Comments active. A panel of 20 users review the images online and click LIKE for their top 10. A Smart Collection would be useful to identify and sort the images with the top number of LIKES.

It would be even better if each user could score all images or rank their top 10 and we could accumulate the total score for each image

BTW the yellow flag on my collection (in Classic) does not appear when there are comments. (update, the yellow flag does appear when also Tech preview Proofing is switched on.) This might be because I have manually uploaded the images to the album so my album has synced into a new collection in my FROM LIGHTROOM collection set. It would be helpful to have an indication when new comments or LIKES have been added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can filter file names and all kinds of data, but I can't filter files by text in their comments they received from a shared online album, that would be really useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A professional needs to be able to edit the files the client selects in CLASSIC not Web or LR CC.  Most of the images require editing on Photoshop as well as in Lightroom Classic and that requires Classic.  Client Proofing is done by professionals.  Classic is for professionals.  Not having the ability to filter selections and see their comments in Classic seems like a fundemental flaw is this software and in my opinion, NEEDS TO BE FIXED! Proofing is fundemental to every single professional on the planet. Every single one.  To say that you are pessimisic about this drives me nuts.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see this for comments made through client proofing.  They show up in LR CC and on LR web, but NOT in Classic.  What am I missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no point in venting at me, I'm just a frustrated user like yourself. I'm only pessimistic because Adobe have consistently said in that past that they do not intend to develop Classic's syncing capabilities with the cloud any further, and so far they've been true to that. Of course things could change, and I hope my pessimism eventually proves to be unfounded. In the meantime, you might want to think about expressing your views directly to Adobe, though I'd suggest you wait a day or two as it appears that the two Adobe communities (this user-to-user forum and the official Adobe feedback site) are in the process of being merged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you're missing anything. It seems to me from testing this that comments made by the user when they are viewing the album in "proof mode" are not being associated directly with the images (though comments made in normal album viewing mode do flow back to Classic). Even looking at the album within LrWeb using either of the two grid views or the Display mode the comments are not visible, they can only be seen when using the proofing tab. But LrDesktop DOES show the "proofing comments", so I suspect there's a bug in the system, which I'll report to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day.

I'm using the "copy lightroom list" feature on pixieset and Im unsuccessful in being able to paste them in the search bar in my lightroom. I realize everyone is doing this in Lightroom classic but I'd hope that the newest version of Lightroom has this feature too. I don't have the option to filter from "contains all" to "contain" on this version and I'm getting extremely frustrated.

My clients chose 100's of favourites and I'm tired of selecting them all manually. I should be done editing these photos right now but instead I'm quickly writing a post.

I can choose up to TWO filenames at a time and it will appear in my lightroom but anymore than that I can't. Please help.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hardly find the fotos liked out of 100. I need to sort which are liked and commented. 

Actually I want the rating for shared content back, but this sorting funtion would be something first step. 

please see case ADB-21836939-S0Y9

Regards 

Timo 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there is a glitch in the system.... it was working PERFECTLY before this last update... now its not working for me. I am about to revert to the previous version if possible because this is unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide some additional details about the problem you are facing? Is it related to the standard "Comments & Likes process, or is it related to Comments & Likes within Client Proofing?

I'm not seeing any issues with the standard "Comments & Likes" process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In gallery view, when someone comments, you are supposed to see a little yellow icon at the bottom of the thumbnail to visually indicate which images have had comments, without having to click on them, similar to the icon you see on the collection. After the update, I noticed that the icon on the thumbnails disappeared and I had to click on the images to see which ones had comments and which ones didn't. I went back to 10.4 for that sole reason.

I am not sure what you are calling client proofing.

Clients and I can like and comment, its just the sorting thathas been screwed up. When clients like/ comment, I just review comments, highlight all images with comments and mark them with a color, immediately sorting the images I need to pay attention to. that process is broken in Lr 11. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because this thread that you posted on was originally about "Lightroom CC", and is in the "Lightroom ecosystem" part of the forum, I thought you were talking about the Lightroom desktop app, not Lr Classic.

As I said, the comments/likes are flowing back to the Lightroom ecosystem apps with the correct notifications. However, when I test again and look in Lr Classic I do see the problem with the latest version 11.0. Specifically, as you say, problem appears to be that the individual comment/like badges do NOT appear on the grid thumbnails as expected. All other aspects seem OK, i.e. the yellow badge appears on the Collection name when there are new unread comments/likes, the actual comment/like appears in the "Comments" section of the Metadata panel, and the collection sort option of "Last Comment Time" does appear to work correctly. Everything seems to work apart from the missing comments badge on the thumbnails.

I'll report it as a bug to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please adobe fix this. Before update, You can see the yellow badge on all the photos that the client like. Now LR classic 11 this is gone, I need this option, We need this option, the World need this option. Please Adobe enable this again!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is for Lightroom Desktop/Mobile/Web.  Lightroom Classic is a different product. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can't be an "as designed" feature to have finding a client or friends likes on your photos to be a different process for each version of LR. On iPad you can toggle on an overlay of badges with hearts and comments. In IPhone there is no such overlay. In LR Classic you can only sort by last comment and the badges don't even show up anymore. And in LR Desktop it is different still. Just make it consistent and make them filtarable so we can find them. Please. The current randomness makes no sense. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The overlay should also exist in the iPhone app, but only if the album is still shared. If an album received comments/likes, and it was subsequently unshared, the view overlay is no longer available (and indeed the dedicated Activity tab cannot be used to view any historical comments/likes). That is consistent between iPad and iPhone, and that is exactly what I'm seeing on my devices. However, that is different to Classic, Lightroom desktop and Lightroom Web which all retain the comments/likes no matter if the album is shared or not. I'd like to be able to see comments/likes across the whole ecosystem, irrespective of the share status of an album. 

The issue of the badges no longer showing in Classic is a bug, which I reported some months ago, and which I believe is being worked on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature request applies to Lightroom Ecosystem but has posts included for legacy Ligthroom Classic requests regarding the same topic.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Planned

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is incredible that such simple functionalities are not working. 

My clients are also marking with a heart and a comment eventually and I can't filter according to that criteria. You have to go through the photos one by one. 

BUT MAIN CONCERN IS THAT FILTERING FOR STAR RATING AND GREEN FLAG ARE NOT WORKING ATT ALL. 

I mean we are paying customers. Make it work. 

Updated version of the app. OSX Big Sur. This is a web applicaton. Checking in SAFARI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope there will be a future enhancemnet to filter based on the photos liked in Lightroom CC / Mobile.

This will help faster workflow because you'll know what clients like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a HUGE mistake with lightroom, mobile and Web!

There is no way to:

- Share in collaboration tab and my client want to see and like the photos, than i come back to lightroom and there is no way to filter the likes! What??? i should see 1 by 1 to see what my cleint sellected??? i have 2900 photos to check now!

- the same stuff happen to RATE, there is no button to my client or people i share to rate!! there is a hiper sync between exposure, shadows bla bla bla, and why there is no way to rate the photo?

PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN ❤️ 

THIS IS A HUGE UPGRADE TO PEOPLE APROVE THERE PHOTOS WITH CLIENTS and this is not happening because a LITTLE BUT OR WRONG PROGRAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Frist topic started in 2020, and we still need this.

Any update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Filter for "Likes" would be nice for better interactions with clients

Website View:

Pipparazzi_0-1651651129664.png

Votes