• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Filter for Likes and Comments

LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2014 Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that Adobe is committing to LR Mobile, it would be great if LR had better support for comments and likes:

- Ability to filter and search in smart collections for comments and likes. The Sort: Last Comment Time is helpful but not sufficient -- it only works with collections synced with LR Cloud, and you can only sort one collection at time (huh??).

- The same support for other publish services like Flickr that also sync user comments. Why did Adobe implement Last Comment Time and comment notifications just for LR Mobile? The underlying structure is already there to implement it for the other services as well. These other services have a diversity of features that many users find valuable and that are unlikely to ever appear in LR Mobile, so asking them to switch to LR Mobile just to get the trivial ability to sort by comment time is frustrating.

- SDK access to the comments and likes, so that plugins can manipulate that metadata just like they have the ability to manipulate other metadata. Just providing SDK access would let plugin developers provide the other functionality.

Idea Started
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

This feature request applies to Lightroom Ecosystem but has posts included for legacy Ligthroom Classic requests regarding the same topic.

Status Planned

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Released for Desktop - setting status as "Started"

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 180 Replies 180
180 Comments
Participant ,
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, this is the functionality that I would expect from a cloud based gallery in a program you pay about fees for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks nice Martin. Wish Adobe would buy your tool and include it in cloud! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A vision for Lightroom Mobile is to do a teathered Studio Shoot and to send selected images to a client using "Make Public" which provides a unique URL which may be emailed to a client for his viewing  on his own Laptop or tablet, and comment.  The process works perfectly until the client wants to comment on one or more images.  When the client clicks on the "comment" or "Like" icons, he is immediately asked for his Adobe ID and Password, or to Register for an Adobe ID.  I can't imagine a client wanting to do this unless he already has an Adobe ID.  The client in all probability isn't even aware of Adobe.  The only rationale I see for asking for an Adobe ID is to identify who is returning the comment.  Why not just ask for the client's name and email address (which you know since you sent the link to him via emil), which should be sufficient to identify him.  Without this change I view this vision for Lightroom Mobile as a failure.

Can this be implemented in a future update?

Kent Messamore

k.messamore@comcast.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is one of the problem with adobe solution. It is not client friendly at all... 
Lucky you, we are working on Evlaa to simply this process on both side, your and your client side as well. 

Happy to talk about it and I would love to have your feedbacks on it. 
Cheers 
Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merging with the right topic.

Please reference the new conversation here: Need for Adobe ID

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merging with another topic.

Please reference the new conversation here: Need Adobe ID

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merging to another topic.

Please reference the new conversation here: Need Adobe ID

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man, it's been TWO years since this conversation was started and still no filter available based on likes. What's the point of likes, then? Likes can be used for efficient proofing solutions, but it's still poorly integrated into LR Mobile.

Dudes. Figure. It. Out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  Unbelievable that Adobe would add such an incomplete, and therefore mostly useless feature.  What's the point of sending proofing out to clients if I can't select the result?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, please listen to your customers! The ability for clients to "like" a photo is perfect, we just need to be able to filter and search on likes inside of Lightroom, to make it actually useful for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still nothing on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this still not picked up? Should be SO easy to implement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to maximise cloud sync with my workflow because i think that Adobe have provided some excellent features that really make life easy. however there are a couple of simple features that seem to be missing.

So after importing my images in lightroom classic i create a collection and sync it to the cloud. i then share the Adobe web link with my client and ask them to "like and comment" on the images that they want. Those likes then appear in lightroom classic and i know exactly which ones my clients want and they can comment on thinks like "we would like this 8 x 12 in a fame". The first niggle is that i cant filter on these likes and comments in lightroom classic, but as this is a lightroom CC forum let me move onto the main issue.

As i am out on the road a lot i use a laptop and want to work on my images when i am away from my server (where my catalog images are stored). The Adobe answer is Lightroom CC which is brilliant. i can work on all the images that are on my Cloud and even edit them in Photoshop while away from my server. That all syncs nicely back to my Lightroom classic catalog on my server.

However, working in lightroom CC, I cant see any of the 'likes & Comments' that my clients have entered so i dont know which ones to work on.

Are there some settings that i have missed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. However, you can go to Lightroom.adobe.com and get that information. Awkward, yes. But that's the way it is right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at the options, it seems to be best to view them on Mobile at the moment (iOS at least) - Tap with two fingers in Grid View after you open an Album.

I was playing with Lightroom Web earlier and even with Show Badge Overlay On, they don’t show. The only way I could see that was by going into the individual photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JimHess, at least I can end my search for an answer.

it seems like a logical feature so hopefully Adobe will include it in future updates.

thinking about it, my work around for now will be to make sure that I flag the images that my clients have 'liked' or 'commented' in Lightroom classic before I travel. then the flags will show up and can be filtered in Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Selondon

thanks, I agree, its a bit clunky in Lightroom web but I can at least you can find the likes in each image. I have not used Lightroom web before but after posting in this forum I will be doing that more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checked today and evidently still no ability - and this after the tremendous push towards their web-based platform. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Unable to view comments & likes in the Android app.
  2. Unable to view badge icons with comments/likes from the client when viewing a shared album.
  3. Totally agree with @Yawp and his/her initial post. I am away from the office working from a borrowed computer trying to get some work done for a client with lightroom.adobe.com and we are running into the same issue. There is no efficient way to sort/filter photos with likes/comments on them. Nor is there a way to view badge overlays in the grid view when working from Lightroom CC Web edition.
  4. Three months ago, there is a thread with a feature request for these issues to be patched, but nothing as of yet.
  5. Help files on Adobe's Support make it seem easy to do what we are discussing, but in reality, it makes you feel inept that you cannot easily find the features and functions that we are trying to accomplish. These glaring issues are a design flaw, but who knows what resources the Lightroom CC dev team has. =-0
  6. There's no way I want to go through a library of 500+ photos one by one to check for likes/comments.
  7. Just noticed that when you filter by flag in LR CC Web, you lose the ability to see likes/comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR Classic et LR CC et LR web.

Please add two selection criteria in the sorting and dynamic collections for the fields:
- Author of the comment
- Date of the comment
- "nbr of "J'aime"
- If there is a comment, select the image

Merci d'ajouter deux critères de sélections dans les tris et collections dynamiques pour les champs :
- Auteur du commentaire
- Date du commentaire
- nbr de "J'aime"

- Si il y a un commentaire, sélection de l'image

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok you push my post in this article, but Adobe get no solution... No informations etc....
Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! 4 years and nothing...

I'm beginning to think we need to post these things in the "Praise" section, where comments are actually read by devs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I'm forcing myself to work with Lightroom CC because I believe its the future, storing files in the cloud means they can be accessed from anywhere as long as theres adequate broadband connection. I appreciate this because quite often I'm not in my office when I get an urgent request for a high res file and I can now do this from my laptop in a supermarket carpark if necessary. My issue is with the web feedback system. When I work with the desktop version I can create a collection, sync it to the web and send the link to my client. My client can then choose their required images and "like" them. Then I can see the "likes" in the desktop application and filter them out. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any way of seeing these in Lightroom CC, unless i'm missing something. Also I use star ratings as a way of creating short lists but these ratings don't show up on the web. That's my biggest grievance. I appreciate that we are in the early stages with Lightroom CC but its something that should be addressed early on.

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Lightroom classic to create web galleries for clients to view by syncing collections. This has worked great. Likes and comments show up as little yellow labels in Lightroom Classic for desktop. My problem is I cant see these in Lightroom CC desktop when viewing the galleries nor can I see when comments have been made in Lightroom mobile as the app has been updated to Lightroom CC and there doesn't appear to be a way to see this. On lightroom web I used to be able to see when likes and comments had been made in thumbnail view using a keystroke but this seems to have disappeared also.

Am I right that this feature has been removed and is it coming back ?

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC has never supported Likes and Comments. It is a common feature request however. The team is currently looking at improving the behavior regarding likes and comments in future updates. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate