Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC, stuck on syncing one photo in an empty cataloge

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

New to Lr, so please bear with my probably blunt newbee misstakes.

Having been trying to figure out the best way to work with my raw photos on Lr CC or Classic. And somewhere in that process messed up with the sync.

I'm now set with the full cataloge on local disk accessed from Lr Classic, removed all syncs and emptied the CC cataloge. 

Not sure that or how I will acutally use CC but I think it is useful for sharing photos accross multiple platsforms and devices as long as I stick to the Classic for master data and editing (right?).

Now to the problem

Lightroom CC running on Win 10 is stuck on syncing one photo. However, there are NO photos in the cataloge (on local cache, online or any other device). If I click on the cloud icon and Show syncing photos I get a blank page (as expected since there are no no photos in the cat).

Have tried to log-out, restart, log-in, but the syncing remains.

Please, how can I clear this error sync?

Br

Jonas

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your tips. I tried them both but with no success.

However, I seem to have resolved it by again uninsatlling LrCC and also removing the local data files (C:\Users\<<user>>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom CC and C:\Users\<<user>>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom CC Helper). Reinsallting LrCC and after an initial sync it now works as expected.

The local directories held in my case about 12 Gb of cached data that was not removed by the uninstallation, even though I choosed the Remo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Addition info

Unistalled Lr, clean registry, reboot, reinstall, reboot - the error remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonas,

Go to https://lightroom.adobe.com and sign in with your Adobe ID. Often you will find a photo stranded there with a sync error, and if you delete it there, it will clean things up.

Another possible technique would be to go to Preferences in LR Classic, on the LR Sync tab, and hold down the "Alt" Key (Option key on Mac). You will see a hidden button appear labeled "Rebuild Sync Data." That will often help in clearing up issues, and should be fast since you've mostly deleted everything.

See here for more: Lightroom Classic Sync FAQ 

And here: Sync Stuck? Lightroom Killer Tips 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your tips. I tried them both but with no success.

However, I seem to have resolved it by again uninsatlling LrCC and also removing the local data files (C:\Users\<<user>>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom CC and C:\Users\<<user>>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom CC Helper). Reinsallting LrCC and after an initial sync it now works as expected.

The local directories held in my case about 12 Gb of cached data that was not removed by the uninstallation, even though I choosed the Remove all settings option during the unistallation process. 

But on this subject, the problem is solved.

Jonas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jonas!

Tried your remove local data solution and worked fine as I wished to. You did a great job!

It still bothers me that such an issue is going on, and as far I have the chance to see here and there on forums and communities, it has been going on for a very long time, without an official solution in place (the official solution to me would be that this issue should not even exists in first place!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines