• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC update

Participant ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my Lightroom CC this afternoon and to my dismay, I can't find a dad gum thing in this new version !!! I HATE IT. Why can't Adobe leave well enough alone? The "sync" feature is apparently gone which I used extensively. I don't want to store my images on the Cloud. Everything about the interface is completely different. Sorry to say I'm not a very happy camper right now. Just had to vent.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Is it possible that you installed the latest version of Lightroom when in fact you really wanted Lightroom Classic? There are two different versions and they ARE quite different. Lightroom stores images in the cloud while Lightroom Classic stores images locally on your computer hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that you installed the latest version of Lightroom when in fact you really wanted Lightroom Classic? There are two different versions and they ARE quite different. Lightroom stores images in the cloud while Lightroom Classic stores images locally on your computer hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my Lightroom CC t

Based on that statement, I am fairly sure you are looking at the wrong program.

Adobe no longer markets a product called Lightroom CC. That goes way back to the transition period between Lightroom perpetual and subscription, back to or before v6

Adobe now has various flavors of Lightroom, for a computer, two flavors

Lightroom Ecosystem (Cloud-based) a.k.a Lightroom Desktop, nickname Lightroom Cloudy. Lr.  This runs on your computer, uses an Album on the Cloud, stores photos on the Cloud. Not as capable. You have posted your issue in the correct community for that program. Latest is v5

Lightroom Classic, the full blown program. LrC.  Runs on your computer, stores a Catalog on your computer, uses photos typically on your computer (but can be anywhere). Latest is v11

Community is: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/ct-p/ct-lightroom-classic?page=1&sort=latest_replie...

If you subscribe to the Lightroom Plan, you have Lightroom Ecosystem (Cloud-based) Lr

If you subscribe to the Photography plan, you have PS, Lr, LrC, Bridge, ACR, and others

Their is no plan for just LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all for your replies. Yes, I did inadvertently open Lightroom CC Cloud instead of my Lightroom Classic.  I had quite a few updates from Adobe today and I failed to notice that I opened the wrong version of Lightroom. I'm aware of the cloud version and prefer to use the Classic version on my computer. I feel a little stupid but sometimes when "improvements" are made in software they aren't always the best thing. Again, many thanks for the replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines