• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC very slow to view pictures

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to Lightroom CC with ITB storage and migrated my catalog (about 50K pictures) When i try and view the pictures, for example, select a folder date it takes ages to see all the thumbnails. A date with about 30-40 pictures can take 10 minutes ot see the thumbnails. This is increadable bad and i have paid ofr 1 yr... It not on my end I run on an Intel I7 with plenty of memory and Ram and a 1GB glass fiber internet connection. Also selected to keep a copy of thumbnail on the local drive. does nothing to help the really slow performance of CC.   Any ideas? any else experiencing this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gerardt,

As you're experiencing performance issue with Lightroom, could you please try the steps mentioned here & let us know if it helps: Optimize Lightroom performance

Also, please let us know which operating system are you working on?

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but had tried all that made no difference, have since cancleled my subscription and went back to lightroom desktop (lightroom classic cc), will not try this cloud-based solution again for a while..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Lightroom CC is sooooooo slooooow (also after the February 18 update), that is not even funny. It takes 1-2 seconds for an image to even show up when you select the photo in the film strip one after another. In the current status, you cannot even use the program to sort your photos (pick or reject one after another after an import). This is the main task this program has been developed for.

Seriously, the engineers need to step up their game, not by adding features, but by making Lightroom CC usable for normal culling, how hard can this be?

I am working on a 2017 Macbook Pro 14" with 16 GB RAM, Radeon Pro 560 with 4 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, and keep my originals downloaded on my drive.

I really love the idea of Lightroom CC but it is unusable. Lightroom Classic has made some good improvements, but it is still not there. For a reference, I can advise the engeneers to use Capture One or Apple Photos, the difference is not even funny anymore. How can Lightroom CC be much fast on my iPhone 6s than my 3k USD laptop....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here - catalog with 43k photos.  Lightroom Classic CC has good performance, Lightroom CC (non-Classic) is terrible:

Clicking on an image takes about 15-20 seconds to update the "Info" panel.

Clicking on a filtering setting takes 5-15 seconds.

After scrolling, it takes about 15 seconds before rejected photos are marked dark

The same operations on Lightroom Classic CC take < 1 seconds.

This is with an i7-7700k, 16GiB of RAM, PCIe HDD and 1Gbps fibre optic Internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having identical issues, 4 years later.

Still not getting any useful help:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-discussions/lightroom-becomes-unrespo...

Have contact support asked them to escalate, got put through a troubleshooting loop of all the usual copy/paste nonsense until I got fed up and stopped responding so they closed the ticket.

Would be great to get some proper attention to this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are all your images synced up to the cloud? Check in the cloud icon on the top right. If it says "Synced and Backed up", what you can try is to delete the Lightroom Library. You can find it inside your pictures Folder and is called "Lightroom Library.lrlibrary". Make sure Lightroom is not running and then drag this into the trash. Next time you start, Lightroom will download a fresh new copy of the cloud catalog and all the previews it needs. On a fiber connection his will be very fast. 

Do NOT DO THIS if it is still syncing. You will lose images if you do.

Also, how much space do you have on your internal SSD drive? It should be at least 20% free. If less, your computer will slow to a crawl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the first time I've read this one, I've been having a similar problem for years now, I'd definitely be willing to give it a go.

I'm having a hard time finding that .lrlibrary file, have looked manually and using searches. Are you sure this is a Lightroom Cloud file and not Lightroom Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay the equivalent of this on Windows is tha data folder within the adobe folder. I've tried this and the issue persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah sorry, I forgot that the folder is named different on Windows and not as obvious to find. Usually this trick solves a number of major issues with Lightroom Cloudy including weird slowness. If that didn't solve it you can also try to reset the Lightroom Preferences: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Otherwise, main thing is to make sure you have enough empty space on your startup disk. Sorry I am not more helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines