• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC video export quality

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone! I have an issue while exporting videos from Lightroom CC on mobile platforms (iPhone & iPad), more specifcially, the resolution at which they are exported. 

I uploaded several 4K & 1080p footage to Lightroom CC from my Windows PC, let them sync and after a while, I tried downloding one of them to my iPad, but the output resolution was really bad. I tried using "Export to Camera Roll", "Export to Files" and "Export as...", everytime charging the output Quality to Original (instead of the default 720p), but to no avail. On my iPhone X and iPad Pro 2020 they export with reduced quality (I think 720p, instead of 4K/1080p). I tried exporting them on my PC and on my MacBook Pro, and they downloaded with the original size, so the problem appears only on mobile devices. 

Has anyone encountered this problem before? Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, when I try to either "Share To...", "Export to Camera Roll/Files/As...", it prompts a loading bar for "Downloading the original", after a second it disappears and the Sharing Panel appears, with the low-res video. After that, when I try to "Clear Cache" of the album, it only has ~0.8MB, making me think that the original video itself was not downloaded from the Cloud, even though I got no warning (such in the case of Photos, where I get a warning if the original Could not be downloaded and I got a Smart Preview exported)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I found this behavior very annoying.
I moved all my video editing projects on Ipad pro using Lumavision and |the export bug on mobile could move me far from Adobe soon.
Basically, every clip I take (FHD or 4k) is uploaded in the cloud-ready to be part of my video when possible.
This problem kills my workflow... every time I export from Lightroom on Ipad a clip I have a small resolution 720p... 
I can choose ORIGINAL in the menu and nothing changes!
The workaround was to open the Creative suite and to recompress and download on the iPad from there, a slow and useless process to keep going on that workflow.

Please someone can explain why in 2021 with 8k on new smartphones, LIGHTROOM keep exporting 720 p maximum resolution on mobile?
Seriously I'm changing my mind about the Adobe cloud on Ipad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines