• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Cloud and Video

Participant ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take images and Video with my DSLR, I then import them to LR on my iPad via card reader and sync those to the cloud.

The problem is I can't find the videos anywhere.  I don't see them on my iPad, I don't see them in the cloud, and they are not downloading to LR classic on my mac.

Am I doing something wrong?

tim

TOPICS
iPadOS , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Hi @Tim5C22 

I'm sorry to hear that.  I know this doesn't help now, but the Direct Import UI only shows thumbs for images.  I'm sorry it wasn't apparent that videos were not also shown & imported.  There's more info about this feature here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/import-mobile-ios.html

I similarly suffered data loss once due to formatting.  I was able to download a file recovery tool I ran from my computer, and it was able to recover files from a formatted card, about 90% of

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the direct import feature?  Does it help if you first import the videos to your iOS Camera Roll, and then import into Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i used the direct import feature, i choose the icon at the bottom of the screen and select "from camera device". The images import just fine, you can watch them load.

I haven't tried importing them into the camera roll first.

Unfortunately I just spent a week shooting photos and videos of wildlife on my Z7.  I would come back every night and import them into LR on iPad.  Unfortunately I would put the card back in my camera and reformat it since it appeared to me everything was working fine.

Not a happy camper!

tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Tim5C22 

I'm sorry to hear that.  I know this doesn't help now, but the Direct Import UI only shows thumbs for images.  I'm sorry it wasn't apparent that videos were not also shown & imported.  There's more info about this feature here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/import-mobile-ios.html

I similarly suffered data loss once due to formatting.  I was able to download a file recovery tool I ran from my computer, and it was able to recover files from a formatted card, about 90% of the files I wanted.  The rest were not recoverable because I had subsequently written new files to the card.  I urge you to try a file recovery tool and see what you can recover.  Please note: if you low-level formatted your card (disabled the quick format option) on your device, this would write all 0's to your card, overwriting any files.  Still, I would try a recovery tool, in hopes you can recover something.  I'm hoping you did only the quick format option and can get some of your videos back.

Kind regards,

Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charlie I have read that page before but I thought it imported what was on the card?  Including nikon .new raw files, it did import those.

So using direct import does not import any videos? (.mov files)

And if it doesn't what is the best way to import them videos into iPad.

Thanks

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry the spellcheck changed it above.  It did import Nikon .nef files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Tim5C22 

Try the "From Files" import option, and with your camera adapter and SD card connected, see if you can't import all your videos that what.  While importing via thee iOS Files UI, notice the 3-dots button at the top of the screen -- change the sort from Name to Kind, and this will group all your videos together for easier selection.

I must warn you though: I have found there to be issues with this Files method when trying to import large numbers of files.  When I asked a developer about it, it was said the API isn't as robust as the API used for Direct Import or Camera Roll import. 

If you have any troubles with this Files method, then please instead just use the Photos app to copy videos to your camera roll, and then in Lightroom import from your camera roll... And then do whatever housekeeping you see fit with your camera roll have LR has successfully ingested and uploaded your files.  I know this camera roll method is more cumbersome, but it will work for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Charlie, I will try those methods.  I went to that page you linked me too and noticed it only said import "photos", then i looked at the menu on the left side of the page for Android and it said import "photos and videos".  That likely seems obvious to many people but it did not to me.

I did sign up for Stellar photo/video recovery but it did not recover anything at all.

Tough lesson but live and learn.

tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to hear nothing was recovered.  I just wanted to acknowledge your pain here and clicking "like" didn't seem appropriate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines