Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Cloud

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I received a notification from you about my Lightroom cloud. I do not think I have this. All my photos and videos, after having processed them, I placed them all in my external drives. Will this affect my existing Lightroom 5 application? Thanks.

Gigi 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

The implication behind that email is that, a year or so ago, you (or someone using your email address) either bought an Adobe subscription plan or started a free trial of one of those plans. In the course of that episode some images were maybe stored in the cloud, and the email is advising you that the one year grace period is almost up and that you need to do something about that content or you will lose it. If you don't want to take out a subscription simply follow the instructions to use the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on WHICH "Lightroom 5 application" that you have!

Select the top Menu: Help > System Info...  and insert a screen-clip in your answer.

And what exactly, does the "notification" say?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, Mr. Rob_Cullen.

The notification in my email is screen shot below and so with the system info.

Hope this helps in my query.

Thanks.

Gigi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The implication behind that email is that, a year or so ago, you (or someone using your email address) either bought an Adobe subscription plan or started a free trial of one of those plans. In the course of that episode some images were maybe stored in the cloud, and the email is advising you that the one year grace period is almost up and that you need to do something about that content or you will lose it. If you don't want to take out a subscription simply follow the instructions to use the Lightroom Downloader to download whatever images you have in the cloud. Of course, whatever you put up there may simply be copies of some of your images in your LR5 catalog, in which case you may decide that there's no need to do anything and the images can safely be deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Mr. Jim Wilde. 

That made me understand well the topic.

Yes, I remember years back, I did try to install a free trial of the Lightroom in my ipad. It did not work so well since I find using the gadget so small. In that case, I did not pursue buying the application.

Thank you very much for this. I don't think I have issues then on the cloud.

God bless and stay safe.

Gigi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines