• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Completely Frozen after Updating to Version 15 on macOS and Version 7 on iOS

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to Lightroom (cloud version) to 15 on macOS (Monterey) the entire app completely freezes every time I open it. This behavior is the same on iOS (15) after updating to version 7 (the sync icon animates, but I can’t interact with anything). If I revert to version 4.4 on macOS everything works again. I have tested this on several computers and phones and the app completely freezes on all of them as soon almost as it’s opened. I’ve even tried leaving Lightroom open on the phone all night (with the phone set to prevent sleep) to see if it just needs to sort some things out in the background, but it still remains frozen. The online version of Lightroom still works fine.

The fact that it happens both on desktop and mobile, along with the fact that I haven’t seen anyone else complaining about this issue makes me think it’s related to my specific library. My library is almost 130,000 photos and videos in a variety of formats (2.2 TB).

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And by version 15 I mean version 5.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

when you say frozen, does it mean that you are never able to tap on any buttons on the iOS client?
Is the behaviour different if you start while the iOS device is offline (Airplaine mode)?

It would be good to know it is possible for you to tap on the cloud icon, menu and press the Pause syncing.
And if that works, then to see if there's a difference once going online.

If that all works it would be helpful if you could create a diagnostic log:
1. tap on Settings icon
2. Tap on Help & Support
3. do a long tap on Access our User forum
4. If you have a the iOS Mail client you can send us the log.

thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm dealing with the same matter for the past month ! The sync stuck at some point and freezes everything.. 

..I have already sent you the diagnostic log and some screenshots .. unfortunately I could not get any solution to this situation from anyone in customer service nor here !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it doesn’t even allow me to do that. I’m never able to tap anything. I just tested with the phone offline and the behavior is the same – it just shows an exclamation point on the cloud icon. Here is a screenshot showing the screen it is perpetually stuck at and that I can’t interact with.

IMG_4783.PNG

Is there another way I can access the diagnostic log?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try and send it before it get stuck.. but for me the diagnostic log did not solve anything..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, triggering the log will not solve anything.
If you send it to us however, we might be able to identify the issue.
@fidodido1983 do you have a mail account enabled over the iOS Mail app?

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ignacio,

Actually  I have already sent this diagnostic log to customer service -

twice - and I also talked to them about this issue and after a while I was told that there is currently no solution to the matter, which is disappointing: /

Trying  here - maybe someone can help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to do anything with the Lightroom app. It goes directly from the splash screen to frozen. There are some Lightroom-related analytics data files in Settings > Privacy > Analytics & Improvements > Analytics Data (called LrMobilePhone-[date]-[6digitnumber].ips). Would one of those files be useful?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@wkpa please send those logs to me privately.
Which iOS version exactly are you on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines