• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom crashes persistently

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to iPhone 14, my Lightroom crashes persistently and has become virtually unusable. Are others experiencing this and has anyone identified a cause or fix?

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share more info about when the crashes occur, what you are doing in Lightroom when this happens?

Of course the app should never crash, but anything you can share might give some clues about how to resolve this.

The first things I would try are to reboot the device, and then re-install the app. 

NOTE: if you are using the free version of the app, please be careful and back up your images (originals and edits) before deleting the app.  You can use batch export to help with this. Or make a full backup of your device before proceeding. If you are a paid user, just ensure your app has fully synced your images and edits to Lightroom cloud storage, and then it should be safe to reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The crashes occur every time I use the app, which is only for basic photo editing and exporting back into my iPhone photo gallery. I cannot pick up a pattern of it being linked to another particular app that is open at the time. It happens every time I use Lightroom, without fail. I have to keep reopening the app, then I manage to edit 2-3 more pictures, then it crashes again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a specific edit feature that causes the crash to happen?

What specific device and iOS version are you using?

Does it help if you reboot the device?  Or reinstall the app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie, normally it happens while I am editing light, clarity and other effects in a photo before exporting back to my photo gallery. It happens randomly when using the sliders to select image selections, or simply while waiting for the picture to be exported. Rebooting the device does not help but I can try reinstalling. Before I do, will my image gallery be restored once I reinstall and log into my account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many things that can cause crashes.

Are you using other apps at the same time as you are working? Like e.g. apps that run in the background, like music apps etc?

It would be great if you could make sure that you are using iOS 16.3 in case having issues that occur shortly after Export and let us know if that helps. Apple fixed a bug connected to the share sheet in that version. So it might be worth to try that out.

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Greg28238262jkln 

You said:"I can try reinstalling. Before I do, will my image gallery be restored once I reinstall and log into my account?"

Great question.  Our system let me know you are a subscriber, so as long as your recent imports and edits are done syncing to cloud storage you should be OK to reinstall the app.  Signing into your subscribed account will restore your account and files on the device.  This is the most thorough way to clean the app and anything corrupt in the app cache, and is what I'd recommend since you are paid and can reload your work from Lightroom cloud storage.

Another option available to you, and what I would have recommended if you were using the free/unpaid version of the app is: 

1. in iOS Settings > General > iPhone Storage, enabled Offload Unused Apps

2. then while still in Settings > General > iPhone Storage, select Lightroom and choose Offload App

...This will remove the app binary but keep all the user account files on your device. 

3. To restore Lightroom, tap on "Reinstall App" in the same settings view, or just tap on the Lightroom icon on your home screen.  Your Lightroom app cache will be reloaded, allowing your to resume using Lightroom smoothly.

IMG_4EFE2EC8A7F3-1.jpeg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines