• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Crashing on Windows

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom crashes on PC immediately on opening. I have seen an error message twice but usually the app disappears instantly. I have managed to switch off GPU in preferences but that has made no difference. I have sent crash reports with email twice but had no response.

{Title modified for better reach by Mod}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for reaching out. We are sorry for the trouble with Adobe Lightroom. We are here to help.

Could you please confirm if the crash has started to happen recently, or is it the first time you have launched Lightroom on this machine? Are you working on Windows 10 or 11? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

If Lightroom was working on this machine before, it has started crashing recently. We need to ensure you have all the data backed up locally or on the cloud before further troubleshooting.

You can log on to Lightroom Web (https://lightroom.adobe.com) to check and confirm everything is synced.

Try these steps:

Go to the following locations

Let us know if this works out. We hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Lightroom stopped working after being fine on this machine since instillation. There have been no recent updates from Windows to change anything.

Since the problem I have tried updating the GPU driver and also switching off acceleration in Preferences.

I've tried the link you've sent but it's for Windows 10 and I'm using Windows 11. I can't tell from the Microsoft Download center which version to download for Windows 11. Also I'm wondering, if  Lighroom has always been fine on Windows 11 until now, would this be the solution?

Lightroom is unusable on my PC so I'm very keen to get this sorted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines