• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Desktop (Cloud-based) Beginners Tutorials

Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used a program called ACDSee for years and my new company refuses to let me use it. Instead they are making me use Lightroom CC and I don't have a clue how to use it. I know absolutely nothing!

Looking for help online, I find tutorial after tutorial about Lightroom CC that say they are for beginners, but they really aren't.

Can I show my photos in the same directory structure as they are on my hard drive? ACDSee did that automatically.

I need help desperately or I'm dead in the water.

Where can I find tutorials that show what to do FROM THE MOMENT I FIRST OPEN THE PROGRAM?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hang on...I get notified that my post was edited because there is no CC version of Lightroom? Funny...there sure are a lot of tutorials online on how to use it. The software downloaded onto my company laptop is Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC is very old.  I think the CC was dropped from the name in August of 2019 and the version number was 2.4 if memory serves. The current version of that product is called Lightroom Desktop and is on version 6.1.  There is another application called Lightroom Classic which is currently on version 12.1. 

Please go to Help>System Info… and provide us the exact installed version number of your software. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, it may not be CC, the icon on my desktop says Lightroom CC, but the version is 6.1.

Whatever.

My problem still stands...are there turotials anywhere that start fromthe moment you open the program? 

I want my photos to be in the same organization structure that's on my laptop: One main folder with several subfolders inside it. How do I do that in Lightroom? I select the main folder on my laptop and it dumps ALL my photos at once without subfolders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to Help>System Info… and provide copy and paste into your reply the complete line of text containing the version number.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 6.1

20221207-0956-730bf3f Build

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry the first paragraph I typed disappeared - will try again.

Thank you for confirming your version.  I have updated your subject line so more people may interact with you.  For tutorials you might start here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/tutorials.html 

Because Lightroom Desktop is cloud-based it does not use filenames and folders to maintain your data structure. You may want to deploy your Add Photos one disk folder at a time and place each into an Album after importing. You can organize these albums into "folders" if necessary.  There are many Community Experts here who can advise you on workflows if you provide them with specific information. 

If you need something to automatically match your disk-based folders you may want to consider Lightroom Classic instead. It will take your photos where they are and leave them in place but it does have a much steeper learning curve.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help.

The link you provided is helpful, but isn't what it says it is. "Learn the basics" sure doesn't start at the beginning, like it should for basic users. But don't feel bad, neither does any other of the "Basic" tutorials found online.

Anyway, thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"FROM THE MOMENT I FIRST OPEN THE PROGRAM?"

1) Open Lightroom Desktop v6.1  (the Cloud version)

2) Click on the MENU > Help

3) Click on [Get Started with Lightroom]

2023-01-18 09_32_48-Lightroom.jpg

4) Follow the prompts by clicking the mouse where the blue circle is flashing-

The next step instructs how to ADD photos to the Catalog-

2023-01-18 09_32_23-Lightroom.jpg

5) When you get the Basics underway try both [Guided Tutorials] and [Online Tutorials]

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines