• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom desktop freezes on opening and does not access the network to view photos

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I apologize in advance for my bad English. I have a problem with Lightroom Desktop. When I open the software, it freezes and does not display my albums or photos. In addition, the synchronization icons at the top right are not displayed. When I open the preferences box, I am told in the cloud storage part "cannot connect to the network".  I uninstalled and reinstalled Lightroom 2 times and cleared the software cache.

I have no connection problems and I have access to all my images on Lightroom Classic and on my app on my phone.

Thank you for the help you can give me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I managed to fix this was by deleting the local Lightroom library (Lightroom Library.lrlibrary) and let it rebuild from the Cloud Storage.

Be aware though that if you try this, any photos that were imported and hadn't synced to the Cloud would be deleted also, so make sure you have a back up of these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello

Thanks for your feedback and sorry for my late response. On my Mac, I only found 2 Lightroom Library files. I deleted them but the problem persists on my Lightroom CC. He tells me that he "cannot connect to the server".
Not being a computer scientist, I am beginning to despair of being able to work with Lightroom cC again on my Mac (the software still works on my mobile version).

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines