• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Desktop is synching photos with mobile app (iOS), but doesn't keep them in folders

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry if this is a common question but I couldn't find my answer elsewhere. I have the Lightroom Desktop subscription (only purchased a couple of weeks ago, so I assume it is the latest version) and Lightroom mobile (iOS). On my desktop app, I have a folder called 2023 and then sub-folders within this. All of the photos within these folders are synching with Lightroom Mobile, but only if I click on 'All Photos'. It displays the names of all my folders (in fact, to be more precise it lists them under a heading called 'Albums' even though they are folders), but it says all of them are 'empty'. So the only way I can view the photos is by going to the 'all photos' tab, which isn't ideal. 

The files are mostly raw but with some jpeg. I'm not using any VPNs or anything and my internet is good. 

All I can think is that it doesn't like the fact my photos are in folders rather than albums. Is this the root cause? My filing system on desktop is to store photos in folders labelled with the event I took them at, and then eventually I'll create albums with photos on shared themes. Is this wrong? 

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Andy

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folders are there for you to organise Albums.

Photos cannot be placed directly in a Folder, they would have to be in an Album within a Folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for this. In that case I’ll rearrange my files from folders to albums (apart from the 2023 folder)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines