Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Desktop showing constant spinning wheel when opening

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
my lightroom has not been working for three days. The loading wheel is spinning all the time and in the upper right corner I have the information - synch photos and unable to connect to network. I have space in the cloud and a paid subscription. The other programs are running normally.
How am I going to solve this problem. I'm working on the iOS system.

greetings

PaulZrzut ekranu 2021-06-10 o 09.59.22.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Sorry that Lightroom Desktop is not working on your computer as it keeps showing a spinning wheel.

Which exact version of Lightroom Desktop are you using and what is the version of macOS on your computer? 

Would you mind deselecting the option "Use Graphics Processor" located in Lightroom's Preferences > Performance menu, then relaunch the app and let us know if it helps?

If that does not help,  would you mind resetting the Lightroom app preferences to default? Press and hold the Shift + Option + Delete keys.(Mac) or Press and hold the Shift + Alt keys while starting Lightroom. A dialog box should appear asking you restore the preferences.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this exact same issue after updating today. I was so mad because I have four sessions to edit. But I tried Akash's sugggestion of, "Deselecting the option "Use Graphics Processor" located in Lightroom's Preferences > Performance menu, then relaunch the app..." and it was an instant fix. So thankful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am working on a PC laptop (Dell).  Just today, I've experiencd a similar issue with Lightroom Classic.  In the Develop module, the little circle in the lower right corner of the highlighted photo keeps spinning.  I seem to be able to use tools, but the results of those tools are not visile on the photo.  When I return to the library mode, things are all right, but not in the develop mode.  I have to reboot my computer to get it to work, but then the same issue keeps recurring after a short while. What can I do to sort this out? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines