• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom doesn't sync with photoshopped images

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Lightroom, when I click Edit with Photoshop and save my changes on Photoshop, the updated image does not appear in Lightroom. I've tried searching for solutions online and cannot find any that solve this problem. Occasionally the edited photo will show in Lightroom, but 90% of the time my edited photo does not even though I go through the same exact process everytime, and I cannot reproduce how to make it work.

I can save to the computer or the cloud and the updated photo doesn't show in lightroom. I'm certain that the file name is the same and has the correct case (just the extension is different, .dng in lightroom versus .tiff after saving in Photoshop). I have images stacked in Lightroom, so the image isn't just appearing in a different location/album in Lightroom. Can somebody help me with this?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How large are the Photoshopped images? I believe there is a limit of 200 MB for photos to be synced.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That 200 MB limit only applies to images being synced from Lr Classic to the Cloud, so it shouldn't be a factor in this case.

Regarding the OP's issue, it's one of those issues that seem to get reported from time to time, but I've never been able to reproduce. In my testing, the saved image is always correctly returned and stacked with the original in Lightroom, so I would only ask how is the image being "saved" in Photoshop? In order for the Tiff to be returned to Lightroom it must be saved and closed in PS....saving is not enough, the file must also be closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines