Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom : Editing keywords

Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from The Lounge to Lightroom CC.]

Hi,

In the 'New' Lighroom CC, there seems to be no way of editing an existing Keyword name. It would also be nice if the image thumbnail indicated that a thumbnail had been applied or what Keywords have been applied by clicking on the image or icon.

Any work arounds for this please ?

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same concern. It is also a problem that the add keyword dialog does not autofill with existing keyword inventory as you type.  This could lead to errors and a proliferation of new keywords that are just typos. Is there a plan to fix these keywording issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right with no way of editing a keyword but there is a means of viewing thumbnail so that it shows if a keyword has been assigned.

Screenshot 2017-11-14 03.52.22.png

The small "Luggage Tag" icon indicates tat the image has keywords applied. Clicking on that will open the tag panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best workaround right now is to use the Refine filters to show all the photos with the incorrect keyword, add the right keyword and delete the wrong one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here I am in the future (October 2021) and there is still no way to manage keywords efficiently. I find that, because keywords are case sensitive, I have hundreds of images tagged with "dry plate" and/or "Dry Plate". In Lightoom CC I still can't remove "dry plate" from multiple images so even your work around won't work for me.

We are talking 4 years later and one of the world's leading software companies hasn't even implemented basic CRUD functionality for keywords in one of its flagship products. I may have to migrate everything back to Lightroom Classic but that would be a complete pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am a brand new first-time user, and the first thing I needed to do was to edit keywords. According to user guides, this feature was in LrClassic under the Library Module. But it is definietly not available in Lr. The only option is to remove the tag altogether and start again. Given that the editing feature has existed in the not-too-distant past, surely it can be re-implemented now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I don't understand the question, but you can delete keywords by selecting the photo, clicking the "Keyword" button in the lower right, and then clicking on the keyword (at least on windows!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OP refers to editing a keyword. Not deleting 

IE: the keyword "cats" cannot be changed (edited) to "cat" or "cars".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to delete a keyword from the keyword list? It seems that once you enter a keyword it's with you for life even if you don't use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines