• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom for iPhone fails to import camera DNG (but file is not corrupt)

New Here ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the last few weeks I have been unable to import a small fraction of the camera DNGs i shoot.

I use an iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15.4.1, Apple's Lightning SD-reader, Lightroom mobile v. 7.3.3, and shoot DNG on a Leica M type 240 and only on SanDisk Cards.  I have verified that I am able to import, view and edit the same files that are not imported by Lightroom mobile with Apple's Photos, so the files are not corrupt. 

I first encountered these issues a few weeks ago, and never before. I have encountered the issues with different (fresh) SD cards, and with both compressed and uncompressed DNGs.

While typically only a handful out of a hundred photos are affected, this is a critical issue as it makes the relationship between camera and software untrustworthy and may well affect the keepers among the shots taken. 

Best regards

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to share one of the files that doesn't import? Post a dropbox or similar link to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are three samples in a filemail link: https://www.filemail.com/d/hoovkywxckrrehm 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry didn't notice you had added the link. I downloaded the images and when I try to add them on my phone, I get an error that it failss to add all three files. They also won't import in the current Lightroom Classic version which is strange as they are dng files. This might not be unexpected as the camera is not (yet) supported by Lightroom: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

I wouldn't be surprised if support for this camera will be added in an upcoming update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines