• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom fresh install on Android: error while signing in even before supplying credentials

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed Lightroom 7.3.1 on Android (on a OnePlus Nord N10 -BE2029-). After pressing the "Sign in" button, it spends a long time loading and eventually fails with the message "An error occurred while authenticating. Please try again later.". This occurs before I have supplied my username/password for signing in, and this behavior has persisted for approximately a week and a half by now, as I've been coming back to try this every few days and got the same error each time.

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some people are reporting that disconnecting Wifi and using cellular data to sign in does the trick. Could you give that a try please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your fast response.

The behavior is the same with WiFi and mobile data, but your question led me to look into Settings / Applications / Lightroom and to my surprise, I found the app had "Disable WiFi" and "Disable Data Usage" even after uninstalling and reinstalling Lightroom, which explains the behavior I was experiencing. With these restrictions removed, logging in worked normally.

I would like to suggest that the message "An error occurred while authenticating. Please try again later." is misleading if displayed when the application could not connect to the server at all. At least this software developer interpreted the error to mean an API version mismatch or other issue in the content of the server negotiation. Something like "Failed connecting", "No response", "Login timeout" could be more helpful for this case and avoid unnecessary help requests.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines