• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Installation on new mac laptop

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need assistance and guidance in installing my already purchased Lightroom Version 5 (registration 2015) onto my new macbook pro. I already have it installed on my iMac, but my iMac is older and running slower now and I want to move Lightroom to my newer laptop. I have called Lightroom support and they directed me to post in here for assistance. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyone that can assist with this? I checked and I have Lightroom 6.14. I tried downloading it directly from my account with Adobe and it said this downloader is no longer available. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can get the download of 6.14 from this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/lightroom-6-end-of-support.html

Note that you will not be able to install 6.14 on a Mac which is running one of the Catalina, Big Sur or Monterey versions of MacOS, which I assume the new MBP will be using (the 6.14 install process has some 32-bit elements, which cannot be run on those operating system versions). However, if you use the Migration Assistant to port the already-installed version of 6.14 from your iMac to your new MBP, that should allow you to use it on your new system. If you ever need to do a re-install though, you'll not be able to do that on the MBP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your new Mac uses any recent OS (eg. Catalina, Monterey) then you will not be able to install v6 (or v5).

Lightroom 6 End of Support

About 2019 Apple ended support for 32bit software (the v5 & 6 installers are 32bit).

You new Mac will require a subscription to the Photography Plan 20GB for Lightroom-Classic, and you get Photoshop , in the Plan. $9.99 PHOTOGRAPHY PLAN (USA) 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines