Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom iOS importing automatically from camera roll after latest update

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm experiencing a major caos issue with Lightroom for iPad and iPhone since the latest update.

Basically I like to import to Lightroom only the photos that I want to edit in it, and not the entire camera roll content. This helps me organize better my photos in Lightroom and separate them from the thousands of photos in my camera roll.

But after the latest update, I'm getting all my camera roll photos inside Lightroom which are also being synced to the creative cloud.

And even after blocking the access of Lightroom to my camera roll, I still get all the photos in the app.

The result is absolute caos that is killing the Lightroom experience for me.

Is this a bug? How do I get my previous photo organization back?

Please advice about what I should do to solve this.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Carlos

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

For anyone that comes here looking for the answer to this issue (like I did), make sure Auto Add from camera roll is turned off in settings on all devices where Lightroom is installed. That was my issue. I had inadvertently turned it on (or failed to turn it off?) when I installed LR on a new device, so now all of my dang phone photos are in Lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

this is a bug, that is still being investigated.
It should occur due to the Import settings to automaticall import photos.

Have you changed something connected to iCloud photos, alt. restored an iCloud backup to a new phone?
What you could do would be to look into Recently Added and delete the ones that have been imported, segmenting by days might help you some. 

Btw please let us know which iOS version you are using.

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Ignacio,

Thank you for your reply.

I restored a backup to a new iPhone two weeks ago but this problem only occurred after the last Lr update.

I checked my import settings and the auto add is not active in my iPad and iPhone.

Regarding the delete of photos, I'm talking of around 1500 which will take time to verify.

Very frustrating bug.

Best regards, 

Carlos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One quick update...

After "cleaning" my Lightroom and exiting the app, when I opened it, Lr already had imported automatically, again, more than 100 photos.

As it is, Lr is pretty much unusable because it turned into a photo madhouse.

This is not a bug. It's an elephant in the room.

Altough I like Lr, if this problem persists, I will start considering other alternative software for my photo editing.

Let's wait...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue, I never turned on auto import its always been off. I didn't update to the latest version up until today and now I was given the bug but it was working perfectly fine this morning before I even updated it. I can't even open import without it dumping tons of photos. @Carlos Rego  @Ignacio B. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone that comes here looking for the answer to this issue (like I did), make sure Auto Add from camera roll is turned off in settings on all devices where Lightroom is installed. That was my issue. I had inadvertently turned it on (or failed to turn it off?) when I installed LR on a new device, so now all of my dang phone photos are in Lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for posting this, it makes totally sense.
If you would turn off the access to the camera roll, it should not be possible to continue to get imports to work from the camera roll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines